I'm Confused with Diet Stage sheets from TWH

Heidi S.
on 9/5/12 6:26 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Hi guys, it's been one week today that I surgery and feel great. I'm getting in 60-80g of protein, 1500ml or more of fluids (maily water) and handle all foods on the ful fuids diet with no problems at all. I get in a lot of walking a few miles or more a day. I have so much energy I don't know what to do with it all at time as I know I still have to becareful no to over do it.
Ok here is my confusion:  I have 2 sets of information for the Full Liquids Diet through Toronto Western Hospital.- one states I have to be in it a full 2 weeks and the second one states 1 to 2 weeks. What have other done?

Thanks,
Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ShallowGirl
on 9/5/12 6:46 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Keep in mind that they are making this stuff up as they go along. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to be exact.

Karen (with the Flat Ass signature) from 6.5 years ago had no weight loss center at all.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

NorthernStar
on 9/5/12 6:55 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
You are doing awesome getting your protein and liquids in! That is the hardest thing when you're first out. Both my centre and the Weight Loss Surgery Guide book (written by Dr Klein/dietician at HRRH) say to do 2 full weeks of full fluids.

I did 5 days of clear fluids and then 10 days of full fluids, moving on to purees on day 15 out from surgery. The puree stage for me was really just full fluids continued, I barely tried any purees.

If you don't have the WLS book, I highly recommend it. It has a ton of information on diet and incorporating soft foods into your diet when it's time. It had much more information than HRRH ever gave me.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Vi-Vi
on 9/6/12 4:52 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Hi northern star , where did you get the book you're talking about and what is it called?  I'm hoping to have surgery before the end of the year and would love to see it!  Thx!
NorthernStar
on 9/6/12 7:01 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
It's called "The Complete Weight Loss Surgery Guide and Diet Program" by Sue Ekserci and Dr Laz Klein. It is a great resource. I got it from Amazon.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Vi-Vi
on 9/6/12 5:24 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Thank you very much!  I'll look into it.

Leslie W.
on 9/5/12 7:08 pm - Cobourg, Canada
It is 2 weeks of full fluids, 2 wk puree, 2 week soft.
If you are able to get in 80 gm of protein that is fantastic. At 6wks I was not getting that much. sounds like you are doing great.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
40sMomma
on 9/5/12 8:11 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/22/12
I was out of TWH about 1.5 weeks ago.  Saturday I will start my pureed stage.  To my understanding, it is 2 weeks from 48 hours after your surgery for full liquids.  The first 48 hours are clear liquids. 

You're doing amazing though!  I struggle to get in that much water and definitely haven't had that kind of energy.

If you want to try the next stage, just call a nutritionist or nurse at TWH and see what they think.
40sMomma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Referral from GP- July/11 Orientation at TWH-Nov 24/11 Nurse appt-Jan 18/12
SW-Jan 18/12 Nutrition Class -Feb1/12 Diet - Feb2/12 Psych - Feb7/12
Surgeon Mtg- June 29/12 PreOp - Aug 4/12 Surgery-Aug 22/12

dna
on 9/6/12 1:02 am - Canada
You are doing great !!  It's been a week for me today and I am still drinking water *yikes* and trying my hardest to get in a few tbsps of something everyday.

I would tend to want to remain on the full liquids stage for another week.  Your wee pouch is still healing :) 

Take care,
Amy
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Brenda T.
on 9/6/12 4:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi Heidi!!! I'm back from my holidays and am so thrilled to see your message!!!

So excited to hear how you are doing!!!

All the best.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics