Alternate to Optifast - Would like to chat with those who were on it

macrobug1
on 9/18/12 9:16 am, edited 9/18/12 9:17 am
I would love to talk to anyone who had to go on the alternate diets to optifast.  I am allergic to corn and may not be able to take optifast.  I have tried several packages as a trial run and the first one felt funny (upset stomach, antsy) and the second one I developed a slightly itchy mouth and really upset tummy.  I really don't want to try a third.....

The dietitian and surgeon are already aware that I may have troubles and I have left a message for the dietitian to call me.

What did the alternate diet consist of at TWH or any other centre?  I will not be able to take the diabetic Boost either (damn corn)

Thanks
Btrue2u
on 9/18/12 9:52 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
The diet that they give you at TWH is very different than they give at HRRH.  you may want to message Elizabeth G.  She was on the diet from toronto western.  My diet was very different than hers was .  Lots of luck  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

macrobug1
on 9/18/12 12:30 pm
Elizabeth G.  Thank you!  I was trying to remember who it was
Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/18/12 11:38 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I'm actually really interested in this info as well... I did Optifast 2 years ago during a "low" reaction time but that can change fast for me and I am also allergic to corn. Hubby is pretty freaked out over the idea of me doing 3 weeks on Opti when I get to that point.

I will be HRRH...

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

macrobug1
on 9/18/12 12:33 pm
I don't like the idea of my immune system being so activated just before surgery.  Also the idea of my stomach being inflammed from the irritation doesn't strike me as a good idea
Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/18/12 12:37 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I totally agree. It is so complicated with this dumb allergy we share. Do let me know how you fare... Like I said. Hubby's already VERY concerned about it.

Shell

Btrue2u
on 9/20/12 1:42 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
The diet at Humber is different from the one from twh ...message me what ever details you might like ....jenn

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/20/12 8:15 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Thanks Jenn! Incomming PM.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 12:44 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Pinkjellybean had to eat for her pre op as well as she reacted to Optifast as well. 
macrobug1
on 9/18/12 1:42 pm
Thanks Tracey!
Most Active
Recent Topics