embarrassed by wls?

nata
on 9/20/12 5:53 pm - Ottawa, Canada
That's the spirit!
Good luck!
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
northernblueyes
on 9/20/12 11:42 am - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
Nata,

Thank you so much for this post.
I am in the begining stages of this journey and have been told by a few people that I am opting for the easy way out. You have penned pretty much to the word what I sooooooo wanted to tell them. 

I just joined this site a few days ago,and already have found more support from strangers then from some family members. 

You are an inspiration.

Referal sent april 2012-Orientation Session May 18th, 2012-Meet with RN October 9th, 2012

nata
on 9/20/12 5:50 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Welcome aboard and you're going to do great!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
ToNewBeginnings
on 9/20/12 11:46 am, edited 9/20/12 4:53 am

"THAT"S WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE with wls"

I truly understand and believe this now two years out.

As a pre-op though I didn't believe I would be putting this much work into it.

What did I think? hmmm...maybe that I truly would not be able to eat high sugar fattening foods. That they would make me physically sick. I thought eating healthy wouldn't be a choice.

I think becaue I have a better understanding now that it is a lot of wor****rtainly do not see it as "the easy way out".

As I mentioned in the previous post I had a person tell me I was weak and had no willpower or strength of spirit because I couldn't lose weight. So coming from that perspective and thinking WLS was going to force me to eat healthy (seems funny now) I felt like somewhat of a failure.

nata
on 9/20/12 6:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada
you know how many people sabotage their weight loss by thinking that surgery is going to do it by it self? I know a hand full of DSers, who outeated the most butt kicking malabsorption. I also thought it's going to be a miracle.. yeah, right... I regained 16 pounds at 13 months out and was shocked that my "honey moon" was already over. Lost some 50 pounds more since then, lol.

Good we realize it now  that wls is never ending work.

Good luck with maintenance!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
dna
on 9/20/12 12:12 pm - Canada
I am still coming to terms with my decision.  It's done and I am 3 weeks out today.

I have told a few people who are supportive.  Right now my head is in a bad place.  I am having issues eating.  I am having issues moving.  I am having issues parenting and being a good wife.

They are my own issues and time will heal ?  I hope.

I am really glad to hear about so many positive people out there. 

That being said.  I needed the help to be healthy and able.  I needed a tool to kick my ass so that I stop eating myself to death.  To stop teaching my kids how to be lazy and eat badly. 

Hopefully each day will get better and I will be able to enjoy my success as so many of you have :)
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

ShallowGirl
on 9/20/12 1:57 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
 @DNA - you're only 3 weeks post major surgery and probably very fatigued.  Don't interiorize any thoughts you are currently having.  Be your own best friend, and concentrate on recovery essentials like fluid, food, supplements, sleep and telling the rest of the world to bugger off.

I'm still mostly on a full liquid diet at 3 months out.  It's not where I thought I'd be, and sometimes I feel quite "what did I get myself into?" about it, but taking a step back to an easier diet was worth it.  Baby steps !

Best wishes.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

dna
on 9/21/12 6:48 am - Canada
Thanks, I have to remember I am only 3 weeks out. 
:)
and it's good to know that 3 months out it's ok to be on a mostly liquid diet
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

nata
on 9/20/12 6:06 pm - Ottawa, Canada
It's healing stage. It will be better.
Hugs to you and don't rush to draw conclusions now. One step at the time, fluids rest and healing for now, being good ... everything  later.
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
dna
on 9/21/12 6:49 am - Canada
Thanks Nata.
I am not used to being "down".  I am exhausted ! lol

Most Active
Recent Topics