embarrassed by wls?

Beth1970
on 9/20/12 2:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12
I totally get both sides of this..and sometimes my feelings seem to change on a daily basis. Sometimes I'm just so pumped and proud of myself for taking my the steps to radically improve my health. I can't wait for my surgery.  Other days I look in the mirror and think 'Oh my God, how did I let this happen?'. I feel like somehow I 'should' be able to do this without major surgery.  It's a major life changing decision and I feel like it's completely normal to have mixed feelings. 

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 9/20/12 2:43 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 Yesss exactly!!! :)
nata
on 9/20/12 6:46 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Beth, let's be honest with our selves, there is no way we can do it with our old parachute size stomach. Your starting point is about the same as mine - how far you can walk? I could do about 50 meters, and got winded and sweaty, even at -20.

So skinny people have their tool - fast metabolism, I have mine - malabsorption and small stomach. Duh! I win, lol. You'll have pouch - you'll win too!
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
Arlio1207
on 9/20/12 2:36 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 AMEN !!!!!

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

northernblueyes
on 9/20/12 4:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/13/13
I will say it again,

You are all such an inspiration for someone like me who is at the begining of her journey!
nata
on 9/20/12 5:39 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for your responses, folks!

I'm very glad that there are many people proud of wls route and I totally share this pride. As I said, it wasn't personal regarding anyone specifically, it was how I feel about it.

Great journey to every one!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
Megan M.
on 9/20/12 7:14 pm - Canada
Is a woman a failure for having a c- section instead of natural childbirth? Of course not! There are many ways to accomplish a goal. I never felt like a failure for choosing wls, in fact it's the first time I've felt like a success. I felt a failure most of my life when it came to my body. I've always felt that I was a good mother, a caring individual, a good wife, I was good at my job. I felt satisfied with myself as a human being in all respects except my weight, and failure surely summed it up. Accepting that my weight problem was not something I could handle on my own, surgery finally gave me a means to conquer my worst enemy. How much harder can you try on your own? Even though I'm coming to terms with my progress so far, and think I could have done better to date, I still feel very much a success. This road has had more that it's share of challenges, and I've met them all head on and come out on top every time. So this girl is no failure for choosing surgery. None of us are.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

nata
on 9/20/12 7:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Wow Megan!
It was beautiful! Thanks a lot for your comment.

P.S. Eh, I'm twice the failure - wls and c-sec, lol. Happy with both results!
Nata, a very happy DSer!

204 pounds lost!!!!
ToNewBeginnings
on 9/21/12 11:17 am
Oh, I love that analogy! (I worked in a birthing centre for  nearly 10 years) I will remember that one!

Blu-Diva
on 9/20/12 9:07 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Love the post and so true.
I also love my RNY now that I'm 4 months out, 
The other stuff didn't work that why I'm here.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics