orientation to surgery for guelph timelines

RYMEBE73
on 9/26/12 2:10 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
probably has been asked numerous times, I'm sure...but was wondering what the average timeline would be from orientation to surgery for Guelph?  any ideas...just getting a feel as to when I would have to inform work, make plans for when the kids would need to be looked after, i.e., still in school or would it be summer, etc... I'm sure it varies, but there must be a range?  any advice, assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Kim O.
on 9/26/12 2:20 am - Windsor, Canada
I didn't go through the Guelph program, but rumours in Windsor is that it is close to 2 years for people doing the Guelph program. I hope I'm wrong here.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

lilviolet
on 9/26/12 2:28 am - Canada
From orientation to surgery for me should be about 10-11 months.  Total time in the system will be almost two years. 

My Orientation in Guelph was Dec 1, 2011.  I go to meet the surgeon on October 9th and I've been told surgery is usually about 6 weeks later.

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/12 3:43 am - Guelph, Canada
 I had my surgery on June 7th 2012

From my orientation is was 14 months... 

BUT!!!!! 

when I went for my 8 week post op appointments the nutritionist told me they are doing things differently now.. they are making groups of classes instead of doing so much one on one like I had it in order to speed things up... like the 2 appointments you have with the nut before surgery.. for me they were one on one 8 weeks appart... now apparently they will be done is small groups.. 

I dont know how fast they will become.. but I so valued the time from orientation to surgery.. it gave me so much time to learn about myself and how i ended up needing surgery in the first place and because of this I really think I will be successful... 
RYMEBE73
on 9/26/12 3:51 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
I also have started with some appointments that they list on the orientation letter, done my bloodwork, have my ab u/s tomorrow, got a referral for the sleep study, only thing I'm worried about is the Upper GI as there is a barium shortage...not sure how that will affect everything...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/12 4:02 am - Guelph, Canada
 i cant answer you on the barium thing.. I do know you are right there is a shortage.... and my family doc was just talking about it the other day 
Nicole B.
on 9/26/12 6:09 am - Canada
I was referred to Guelph in April 2011 and am told that I should see a surgery date by April 2013.. so two years.  I just recently had my Upper GI and live in London and while there was a shortage, I'm told the supply here was still okay... any way that you can come this way if you aren't already?

I know the process seems like forever, but in the end, it'll all seemed like it whizzed by, having appointments and doing all the necessary background work first... you'll get there soon enough!!

Referral: April 2011 to GGH Info: 12/6/14 Nurse: 12/8/17SW: 12/8/17  Diet/Nut: 12/8/17 2nd Nurse: 12/10/4  2nd SW: 12/10/4  2nd Diet/Nut: 12/10/4  Internist: 12/10/12  3rd SW: 12/10/26  3rd Diet/Nut: 12/10/26  Nutrition Class: 12/11/27  Surgeon: 13/2/7 Opti Fast: 13/2/18 Pre-Op: 13/2/28  Surgery Date: 13/3/5 Dr Pereira-Hong

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

becauseican
on 9/26/12 8:02 am - Canada
I had my orientation at Guelph September 4, 2011, and had my surgery on August 27th, so almost a year. As other people have said they are trying to speed up the process.

Ashley T.
on 9/26/12 10:50 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 08/09/12
 Referred in August 2010, Orientation in August 2011, Surgery in August 2012.

Once you have orientation, it goes pretty fast.
I will warn, dont listen to the time frames they give you at the clinic, when I got the green light last November, they told me 8-12 weeks which was February, and I didnt hear anything until May.
They try really hard, and they do really care, they just tend to be super busy.

Most Active
Recent Topics