Needing transition clothes???

RYMEBE73
on 10/22/12 1:54 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
Just got an email from Salvation Army Thrift Store, they are having a 50% off Clothing Sale this coming Friday October 26th...I am still pre-op, but am thinking of hitting these places when post-op, as I do not want to be spending a ton on clothes that will not fit for too long while in the loosing stage...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/22/12 1:56 am, edited 10/22/12 1:57 am
That's what I did.  It was 'Boutique V' for me! 
JoolieBoolie
on 10/22/12 1:58 am - St. Thomas, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/11/12
Our Salvation Army Thrift Store in St. Thomas offers a $5 bag sale on the 20th of each month (unless it falls on a Sunday, then moved to the 19th). 

HW 363lbs SW 283lbs
Gabygee
on 10/22/12 2:07 am - Canada
Your local coffee chat group will likey have a clothing exchange going.

I know as Wendy and I were losing, we donated a TON of clothes to our friends at our local Cawfee Talk. (no pun intended)

Monica M.
on 10/22/12 4:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
just don't buy a lot of clothes for the transition stage, you won't need a whole bunch of each size, you really only stay in each size range for a week or two, it seems.

mermaidz
on 10/22/12 9:43 am - Brampton, Canada
I really like that response!

I love VV. Went in yesterday to find some work out pants that didnt fall down around my ankles... and the size that fit me....

I think its a lie lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Mary A.
on 10/22/12 4:31 am

everyone looses weight at a different pace and I would have to agree there really isn;t much sense in "stocking up" because just like the way kids grow and maky skip a size, so might you on this weight loss journey..I pinned some of my stuff until too much became pinned and then it was  a trip to buy a few things until the next 20-30lbs of wieght loss.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Robin H.
on 10/22/12 5:29 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
a good seemstress can be your best friend !!!!

hockeymom17
on 10/22/12 11:39 pm
What size are you lookin for and casual or dress?  I have some dress clothes that still have the tags and or just some get you by clothes, if your in the Guelph area I could bring them sometime Im in the area.   Let me know.
RYMEBE73
on 10/23/12 12:02 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
sorry, I am currently not looking myself as yet since I am pre-op, was just giving a heads up of the sale going on...oops..but a big thank you for the offer!  When I do get to post-op, if you still have some available, I'll hit you up?? LOL

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Most Active
Recent Topics