Recent Surgery Incision Issue

Ellie2
on 10/27/12 8:35 am

Just had the sleeve on Oct 16th.  From the very beginning, one of the incisions has been bothering me.  I had the dry heaves for 24 hours following surgery.  Now all incisions are pretty much healed except for one.  When I press on it I can feel a bulge / bump about the size of my thumb; not directly under the incision but close.  it is the incision where I think most of the "action" occurred.  It seems to be getting worse.  From what I have read, I am wondering if it is an incisional hernia?  I see the nurse and dietician October 29th (Monday) so will have them check it out.  It if VERY painsful getting into and out of bed and coughing / sneezing.  Not too painful while walking / sitting.  Anything I should do in the meantime?  Anything I should NOT do?  If anything is painful, I stop.  Any questions I should ask on Monday? I appreciate any suggetions.  Heather. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/12 10:11 am - Guelph, Canada
I had an RNY but I had the bump too... I called my center and they said it was normal but remember to take it easy... I found my bump while I was grocery shopping I leaned into a bunker and it hurt like the dickens
ShallowGirl
on 10/27/12 10:51 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I would call your surgeon and talk to his/her office on the phone.  Tell them about it.  They may want you to go see them.  

The nurse, if anything, will just refer you to the surgeon.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Liv2ride63
on 10/28/12 6:23 am - tweed, Canada

im 2 weeks post op tomorrow ,,if its the  incision under your left breast so second one from your left i was told its the biggest one and would take a little longer to heal ,,they did the most work in that one , i have a bump as well.as long as its not oozing anything i wouldnt worry about it .