Head Hunger

Marls
on 11/27/12 12:11 am - Canada

Sure this has been discussed a bazillion times before.  I just thought I would share (aside from Cognetive Behavioral Therapy and practice) I have started to use a cup of tea as a deterrent (it helps me so much) when I have the "munchies" which for the most part is just bad habit, 50 years of behaviour and empty promises of satisfaction.  Anyone else have little tricks?

NervousNelly57
on 11/27/12 12:52 am - Guelph, Canada

Usually, a cup of regular tea makes me want something with it like a cookie or something.  However, a cup of decaf herbal tea (like raspberry or cranberry, for instance) is a good deterrent.

Good thinking! I have to remember to do that more often because head hunger has been my nemesis lately!

Thanks!

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/12 12:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I make a pot of herbal or decaf flavoured tea every night after dinner and I sip it all night.  I seldom feel the urge to snack.  I have been doing this for 7 years and can likely count on 2 hands or less how many times I gave into evening snacking.

Marls
on 11/27/12 1:08 am - Canada

Tracey;

That is such an awesome idea.  I never thought of that.  I shall go and buy some Decaf teas and do the very same.  When I am at work it much easier to control.  At home after a nice long walk, a class at the gym and dinner, I sit on the couch and then the pekish feelings start!!   Thank you thank you !

Marla

2mar
on 11/27/12 3:16 am
RNY on 09/20/12

wonderful idea!

Amanda F.
on 11/27/12 1:52 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

I have been using tea also! I make a cup of Twinnings Earl Grey with a splash of 10% half and half. I used to hate my tea white, but now I find it a satisfying snack alternative and helps me get past the snack craving. :)

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Liv2ride63
on 11/27/12 2:40 am - tweed, Canada

i always crave something sweet after dinner ,,so tea with splenda works for me ,,or i will sometimes have a apple , takes me a couple hours to eat one lol

Marls
on 11/27/12 3:31 am - Canada

Yes, tea with sugar twin for me and a plop of 1% milk. Perfect.  I wi**** took me hours to eat an apple. I need to work on this.  I still sometimes eat too quickly.  Well, most times if I have to be honest.  Not so much my meals.  Snacks are eaten too quickly tho.

Laurie C.
on 11/27/12 4:16 am, edited 11/27/12 4:19 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I find that if I have sugar free jello  (1 cup) with light cool whip, it does the trick, I get sweet, ice creamy, and happiness in every bite for very few calories.

I like red best!!!!!!!!!!

or

I like the Exotic source yogurt (banana, coconut, pineapple) with some sugar free chocolate syrup, like having a banana split.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

gimpymom
on 11/27/12 4:59 am

I make sure that I have enough room left in my protein/carbs/cal etc for a snack in the evening as that is my 'witching hour'.( I like cheese with vegetable melba toast, yogurt with fruit,or sometimes even a protein shake with fruit in it.  I also often have a cup of decaf tea with spenda

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics