pelvic\back-debilitating pain

tango123
on 12/16/12 8:57 am
Some of you know I put my back out a few weeks ago. Well its gotten much worse. I have had spasms from my glutes down to my calves. Numbness on my right shin. I have pelvic pain and what feels like electric shocks down my legs from my back and glutes.
I've been to 3 different hospitals, xrays, bloodwork taken. nothing!
They just keep throwing meds at me.
I'm on morphine and muscle relaxers.
I know an anti inflammatory would help but we can't take them.
They keep saying have a pinched nerve but it feels like something else.
Any ideas
My legs are in constant spasm. Have been for a week and i can't sleep.
Im desperate and frustrated the medical staff is not taking me serious!
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/12 9:10 am - Straford, Canada

the only things I can think of is a pain clinic and acupuncture.  Wish I could help more!  

mermaidz
on 12/16/12 9:26 am - Brampton, Canada

YOu are describing exactly what a sciatica nerve feels like when it's pinched

I strongly recommend a chiropractor. They can do a manipulation and at least lift the bones so it comes off the nerve

I had this when I was pregnant..

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

johjen
on 12/16/12 9:39 am

it does sound like your siatic nerve or what I like to call the psychotic nerve, best bet try a chiropractor... it can be fixed with surgery but try  non-sergical avenues first..  i hope you feel better soon hun!

gardeninggal
on 12/16/12 9:40 am, edited 12/16/12 9:40 am - Midland, Canada

So sorry to hear of your pain.  Mermaidz is right on the money (as usual).  Spinal health is so important and is a drug-free solution.  I fell and sustained injury to my lower back and was diagnosed with a whiplash (many moons ago). The prescribed meds had so many side affects including a depressed nervous system which made my mental state, along with the pain, not too pretty.  That is when I paid a visit to a chiropractor and was able to get off the meds and see some relief in all ways.  Hope you find some answers and manage your pain too.  

Julia P.
on 12/16/12 10:02 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

The only other suggestion I can think of is Bowen therapy - I've had a few friends and my husband try this to deal with back pain, with a great deal of success.  Here's the place my husband has been to in Milton (but I'm sure they have places in other areas of the GTA):

http://www.complete-wellness.ca/services_reflexology_bowen.h tm

I really hope you can find a way to ease this pain fast!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/12 11:18 am - Guelph, Canada

Small world I go to complete wellness here in guelph

Julia P.
on 12/16/12 11:21 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I didn't realize they had other locations!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/12 11:24 am - Guelph, Canada

Yes there are two locations... I am sure if I was not going for regular adjustments I would have had a lot more issues with balance and joint pain during my rapid loss phase 

ybfat
on 12/16/12 10:05 am - Canada

INSIST, push for and demand an MRI to make sure that it is not a ruptured disc.  I speak from experience.  I had a ruptured disc in 1981 and was 80% paralyzed in my leg because the disc that  ruptured had settled on my sciatic nerve.   (Surgery number one)  2009 after 4 years of chronic pain, physiotherapy, chiro, accupuncture, pain management, epidural injections and many rounds of pain meds (which did very little), I ended up having a more extensive surgery, titanium rod, fusion, decompression laminectomy.  The instant i woke up in icu I knew the pain was gone.  It could be nothing more than a pinched nerve, however, do NOT allow them to put you off and insist on that MRI

Good luck and keep us posted

Most Active
Recent Topics