Nurse prac appointment tommorow :)

Armyguy1976
on 1/6/13 5:05 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
Afternoon All,

I have my nurse pract appointment tommorow ad am wondering what should I expect?

Is this a turn your head and cough striped Dow to my underwear full physical or a sit in a chair and talk type meeting?

Any info on what I can expect would be great, those that went thru the process here I Kingston please feel free to pass on any experiences good or bad

Thanks in advance

Kb
2mar
on 1/6/13 5:19 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Laurie C.
on 1/6/13 5:38 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

no gloves at my appt either, just BP and talking.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

nancy4elton
on 1/6/13 6:56 am
Hi KB, I did my pre op (and now post op) appts in kingston. At your nurse practitioner appt you'll be weighed and have your blood pressure taken, but it's mostly a chat. Depending what pre op tests are ordered for you, i suggest you check around re: waittimes. Eg I was told a 8 or 9 month wait for a sleep study in the kingston area, so i gota referral from my family doc and had the sleep study done in cobourg within one month! Five month waittime for abdominal ultrasound in kingston but three weeks only in cobourg. My advice if you want to move the process along is be your own advocate and be proactive. Good luck!
Nicole K.
on 1/6/13 10:47 am - Canada
RNY on 02/11/13

Christine is the NP and she is wonderful---the RN (rosemary) will take ur B/P and weigh u then Christine will come in and have a chat with u:) i had all my pre-op appointments with Kingston---if u want a quick surgery date tell Christine you want to go to Humber River hospital --- if u don't specify they automatically send u to Ottawa (longer wait time to surgery at the Civic) :) good luck 

Orientation in Kingston: Sep 6/2012, RN Sept Sept 27/12 NUT Oct 12/12, SW Oct 12/12, ECG Oct 12/12, Abd US Oct 31/13, Post -Op Nut Class Dec 12/12, Meet with Surgeon Jan 2/13, PATTS and Dr Glazier Jan 24/13 SURGERY Feb 11th/12!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics