Fitbit Mania!! i want one too!!

stephanie2011
on 1/4/13 3:29 am - toronto, Canada

Okay, I want to jump on the fitbit bandwagon too!  Thea is looking for more ppl to join the transcanada challenge and I thought about it but honestly, how on earth do you track your stuff if you don't have a fitbit or some sort of pedometer?  It is that much better than just getting a pedometer? 

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/4/13 3:34 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Fitbit One is the only pedometer type thing I would get because it tracks stairs also...

Endomondo on my cell is working for me in the interim. It has a free AP, and outside of that I can plug in my walking routes on maps and then I low ball the distance...

Or estimate the distance I walked in a building because I know the buildings dimensions and then I round down to about 3/4 of what it likely is. Yeah it impacts my totals and makes it look like I have done less but at least I know I DID do what I said.

Join... Don't let not having a gadget stop you!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

stephanie2011
on 1/4/13 3:40 am - toronto, Canada

That sounds like waaay too much work for me...  LOL.  Track fitness, track food, take all viamins, sip, sip, sip, oh, and try to work and have a life in the midst of all that.  ouch.  I don't think I can add tracking fitness to that list - I need a tool. 

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/4/13 3:45 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Why do you think so many love the fitbit one or are coveting them... It's a good price to pay to track less and it syncs with my fitness pal too.

I just keep putting it off because I am in the pre-op cost outlay part of things and I don't want the cheaper vitamins I want the expensive ones... and I had to get a scale, and I have had to drop money on beneprotein just incase I need a boost in the fluids stage, and I had to buy protein power because of the protein modified fast... and then there is my mint expenses (found ones I can use that comply and keep me in ketosis and kill the stanky breath)... The new cook wear I treated myself to that is post op size compatible, and... and... and...

So... It'll likely be something I do a few months out for myself.

Poppy53
on 1/5/13 6:17 am - Timmins, Ontario, Canada

Just wondering which mints you found that helped w/ the bad breath.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/5/13 6:23 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
The Starbbucks Mint ones. 10$ for 3 packages...

Poppy53
on 1/5/13 7:49 am - Timmins, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the info.

gimpymom
on 1/4/13 4:32 am

I love my fitbit and the best part is it clips to your bra and I have yet to lose mine!! I had a pedometer on my waist band of pants and it got lost-easly hit etc, but on the bra it stays put and does an awesome job of counting steps and elevations etc!!

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Patm
on 1/4/13 4:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Don't forget to add the cost of new clothes as well. Lately I have been spending a lot on sales. Even sale items add up.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/4/13 4:53 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Oh gawd... Sales! Shopping for clothing. This is my "thing".

I am already feeling the clothing thing too...

The good news there is... I have the sliding scale down to some things in a 16 and some in an 18 so I literally have a handful of things in each size.... plus comfy clothing of hubbies from when he was bigger, and his now... + 2 gift cards for interim clothing and retail therapy that the hubby gave me for Christmas, and some cash in the same little box.

I am glad I kept my clothing as I went up in size, and even bought things when I was losing last time that I never made it into and am now into. *grin* It's been great to know that the first few sizes are covered so to speak and most of it is pretty classic in style or still what i see in the stores.

The winter jacket has been hard though. I bought a 3x last year that I had the waist altered to a 1x and the hips to a 2x... It's way too big now and the arm**** my finger tips with it lose in the back to the cold goes right up the back. I have a 1x sporty spring/autumn type one I bought when I was losing last time because it was on sale and I never made it down that far... so that is what I wear most of the time. If I am going out walking I will take the hood off the 1x, and wear it under the 3x like a sweater and it is a perfect combination!

Whew... ok I ramble about clothing a bit I think. *giggle*

Shell