OMG

smarkone
on 2/17/13 3:41 am

Here I am sitting with my lap top browsing the OH forum (as usual) the phone rings and its Dr. Glazer, holy crap I said to myself "why is he calling on a Sunday" i figured it was probably a recording about an upcoming appointment, but no its him in person, he wanted to talk about my Stress test that I had the other day.  I a bit of background for you, I had a heart attack in 2004 i was 40 kinda scary but have had none since thank God, no chest pains, difficulty breathing anything, he wanted to tell me that my heart was still not pumping the required blood it should, he asked a bunch more questions just regarding my health and he said before my stress test he knew the WLS would be high risk for me but now knowing about the lack of blood he said it is even more high risk, I started to get teary eyed I thought for sure he was going to say that he would not clear me for surgery but at the end of the conversation he approved and told me to call my surgeon on Tuesday, OMG what a relief...... Im sure there is someone out there who has had WLS after heart problems, I would really appreciate hearing from you, because if I wasnt scared before I sure as s*%$ is now.

And to Dr. Glazer, WOW taking time out on your Sunday to call me.............THANKS!!!!

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

TanyaLH
on 2/17/13 3:52 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I had a heart scare too. Not fun at all.

SOOO happy everything worked out for youkiss

Tanya

smarkone
on 2/17/13 4:10 am

thanks for sharing, have you had the surgery yet?

TanyaLH
on 2/17/13 5:28 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Not yet, but soon I hope. Cardiologist cleared me for surgery though. Just waiting for the call for pre op class. you know, hurry up and wait...lol.

best of luck to you Smarkone!

Tanya

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/13 3:57 am - Straford, Canada

Glad to hear you're cleared for surgery.  Its healthy to be scared imo.  

My Granddad and Dad died of "sudden cardiac death".  They were both morbidly obese guys who were rather sedentary on the exercise side.  My EKGs were showing an unusual hiccup that they investigated with a bunch of stress tests and angiograms. Had me pretty worried, combined with hinky cholesterol tests I wasn't sleeping well at all.  Now, 8 months post RNY I am 110 pounds lighter and am wearing a waist size jean that I haven't worn since grade 5 (and I'm a really old fart)!  I run 5 kms every second day and am more active than I have been since university days.  They know your medical past and what your tests look like.  They wouldn't be subjecting you to more risk than the good they feel they can do you, kinda against their oath!  Keep the faith, enjoy the ride!  

smarkone
on 2/17/13 4:16 am

My dad also passed away from Heart failure, runs in the family both sides, I dont want to fall to this fate, so even though im scared to death I will press on I really dont think I have a choice, thanks for the words of advise and sharing your family stories really appreciated it.

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/13 4:33 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

So happy for you.

smarkone
on 2/17/13 6:59 am

Thanks Debra

CanDoItFour
on 2/17/13 5:32 am - Canada

Hi

I've discovered various health issues post surgery (I'm 2 years out), and have been working with Dr Glazer for the past year and a half. 

As he said to me last Wednesday, "..... it's his JOB to worry, and he's good at it, ha,ha,ha ...."  

He's thorough and thoughtful.  If he cleared you, he hasn't done so lightly.  Be straight with him and you'll be in good hands.  All the best in your journey!

Claire

HW 350  CW 141  Surgery Feb 11, 2011

smarkone
on 2/17/13 7:05 am

On our first visit he said that he loves helping people, well thank God he is helping me!!!

Thanks for your kind words and hope he clears everything up for you.

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics