3 months post update and question?!

Luvmy2kidz
on 2/28/13 12:02 pm
Hi everyone,yesterday was 3 months since my surgery and I'm down 67pds Yay! That's including the 15 pds I lost during optifast! Iv had my ups and downs but this has been a true gift from God and I'm so encouraged by everyone on here for their stories and support

I have 1 question,I had to reschedule my 3 month check up due to weather and I can't find my booklet of how many ounces/portions I am supposed to be eating in one sitting? For example if I was to eat a hamburger by itself that weighs aprox. 3ounces,is that too much meat in one meal? Thankyou everyone!!! Keep your chins up
2mar
on 2/28/13 6:23 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

Congrats with your 3 months out and your 67 pound loss! Just wonderful.

If you can tolerate the beef (not everybody can) - I would then for sure make it myself out of very lean ground beef and grill it.

I use very lean ground beef in Shepard pie and little meat balls (wls book recipe)

The 3 oz is ok - but I would not eat a commercially available hamburger - just my choice. Too much fat.

heart

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/13 6:57 pm - Straford, Canada

If you use myfitnesspal.com to track foods there are hundreds of choices when it comes to nutrient levels.  3 ounces would be fine, skip the fatty condiments and buns.  Let your pouch be your guide.  Meat is a grand source of protein!  For now eat until you're full on protein if you can imo.  Congrats of your success to date!  angry

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 2/28/13 11:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

Ian.....you lost that last pesky pound!!!! Congrats!!! angry

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

Luvmy2kidz
on 3/1/13 3:28 am
Thankyou for your help
lilbird
on 3/1/13 8:21 am - Cambridge , Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Luvmy2kidz... I am sure your ok long as was said, not a burger from Wendy's or McDonalds..

I use lean ground Turkey or Chicken for burgers, and Cloud Bread for a bun. :).

*****WOOT IAN way to go on that last pound.. Grats hun. :)

TC Donna

1/10/13  Dr. Reed(Guelph) HW 315  OPTI 284.8 (-17.2 )  SD 267.5   CW 181.8 GW 125

1)19.8 2)12.8  3)11.4 4)10 5)10.2 6(July) 9.0 7)6.8 8)     9)      10)      11)      12)

There is no duty we underrate so much as the duty of being happy. Robert Louis Stevenson.

Most Active
Recent Topics