Appt with Dr. Huyhn

smarkone
on 3/6/13 9:58 am

I had an appointment with Dr. Huyhn yesterday, I was so excited because this was the day I was to get my date for surgery plus receive my optifast, I came away with the opti but still no date, they said they would call me with a date, man this process can get frustrating, I drove 2 hours for a ten minute appt. and still didnt get what I wanted. Dr Huyhn did say that I could go with another surgeon if there is one doing surgeries sooner so I told the the lady at the desk I would like to book with who ever is booking the soonest. 

thanks for listening to my rant!!

Sharon

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

4-Jane
on 3/6/13 11:16 am - Canada

For now I guess we keep waiting, sorry it did not turn out as planned...... Waiting is no fun

Respectfully Jane
smarkone
on 3/7/13 7:27 am

you are right, waiting is definitely not fun....

maryottawa
on 3/6/13 11:19 am - Canada

I understand you feel, but patience is a gift of the gods, you will have a long life to enjoy your new life, I wish you the  best

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

smarkone
on 3/7/13 7:30 am

yes they say patience is a virtue, its something I have never been good at.

thanks for the well wishes..

moniquesgettingft
on 3/6/13 10:58 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
I too had my appointment with Dr. Huynh yesterday and felt great until I was told no surgery date until at least may and maybe even June depending on if they cant get everyone fit in for May.
How many weeks do you have to drink opti for? I have 3 weeks

Good luck
smarkone
on 3/7/13 7:34 am

Hi there, I have to do opti for 2 weeks, I actually left without my diet instructions so she is going to mail it to me. I guess we just sit and wait.

RubyRoo
on 3/7/13 1:54 am - Canada

Hi Sharon,

I saw Dr. Huyhn back in December and at the at visit I too was supposed to be given my surgery date but they were waiting for OP dates to come in for him. I too was very disappointed. I rec'vd a call 2 weeks later and was provided an opportunity to have my surgery with Dr. Klein (head of bariatric at Humber River) and I said YES!! I started my opti-fast the next day for three weeks and had my surgery on the 10th of January! Hang in there! There is always hope that something will come along!enlightened

HW: 294   Pre-Op W: 273  SW: 265

Surgery on: January 10, 2013 With Dr. L Klein at HRRH

smarkone
on 3/7/13 7:36 am

I hope I get that same call soon, thanks for the sharing.

moniquesgettingft
on 3/7/13 8:38 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
I'd love that same call!
Most Active
Recent Topics