Broke my foot 1 week before surgery!

Paperbag_Princess
on 3/21/13 3:59 am - Canada
RNY on 03/27/13

So go me.. The champ I am.. Broke my foot Tuesday night walking UP the stairs.. 

Called my surgeon to see if I would still be able to have my surgery March 27th.. And of course hes on vacation!!! I love him but could've killed him.. So I ended up hearing from Dr. Hagen. We spoke for a bit and he reassured me I'd be ok going for surgery. Thank god because I'm on week 2 of opticrap and I think I would die if I drank it all for nothing! He wished me lots of luck and what a sigh of relief! 

So I need some positive vibes! 

I honestly don't know how I'm going to do this..!!!

Arlio1207
on 3/21/13 4:26 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Oh no, how in the heck? You poor girl. Dr Hagen is my surgeon, he is a dear sweet man, trust him if he says it will be ok. Sending you big positive vibes and lots of time to heal !!! Crutches after may be hard to maneuver, but you can do it !!!!!  

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

spicy_cyn
on 3/21/13 4:42 am - Welland, Canada
Hope things go well for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Cuter_w_Curves
on 3/21/13 5:06 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

*gentle hugs*

I could be bad and tell you to look on the bright side... the weight of the cast means you'll walk and do some resistance training at the same time... *teasing sort of*

You'll be ok by the time surgery is here and have had time to get use to the cast. That's a really positive thing re timing.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Dar_Mab
on 3/21/13 5:09 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Oh dear! I feel for you!   But sounds like the good news is it won't delay your surgery.    Take care and good luck!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

JEANFISICO
on 3/21/13 6:50 am - Canada

Guess your surgeon is Dr Starr, he wouldnt let a broken foot slow you down, but it may slow you down getting rid of the gas after surgery, they encourage you to walk around the first day.  Crutches may be an issue, see if you can get an air cast on, that might be easier for you to hobble around in, and you will have the IV pole.  Good luck

Referral March 2012, Orientation October 2012, Dr Starr appt, Nov 15/12 Weight 310 lb, Gi series Nurse, dietician,SW Nov 29, Gastroscopy Dec 4,2nd Dr appt Dec 12, Dr Glazer and echocardiogram Feb 14, 2013, Optifast start Feb 21, pre-op February Feb 26, Surgery March 14, 2013

Kidbd
on 3/21/13 8:41 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Omg, I broke my foot on Sunday, the 17th. Am on crutches, and have a cast. Fortunately I had my surgery January 10th, but, I have to go to Las Vegas in April for my sons wedding. The excercising  has stopped. Hope I can back into it soon.

good luck to you. 

tbtilalaf
on 3/21/13 9:47 am

Opticrap!! lol  That's funny! Thanks for the laugh I needed that!! Hope you feel better soon!! And good luck with your surgery!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Paperbag_Princess
on 3/21/13 1:02 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/27/13
Thank you everyone.. I'm actually scared for surgery now.. I broke one bone and fractured another.. So my temporary cast is on till the 4th.. I'm so upset that I'm going to have this cement block on my foot when I go under.. I know it's going to make things harder. But I'm determined to overcome this! This won't stop me
Onward and
Downward

on 3/21/13 1:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Glad you can still have your surgery!  Yes, it will be a bit of a drag after surgery having a broken foot - not as easy to walk off the gas, or to get moving in general again, but I'm sure you'll do great anyhow!  As Cuter says, the exercise will just be that much more intense.  Heh.

Good luck to you!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics