Little scared

Jen1984
on 4/5/13 1:08 am - trenton, ontario, Canada
Ok guys so I'm freaking out a bit. My surgery is not till may 7th but I have been trying to prepare myself. I'm terrified that I will not know what to eat after surgery and eat the wrong amounts or wrong stuff. I have never been one to cook and suck at cooking but I know that is something I need to change like ASAP so I'm trying but what should I buy for when I'm like three to four weeks post op to eat? I need some suggestions on what I need to put on my pre surgery grocery list.
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/5/13 1:09 am

Do you have guidelines /examples from your centre?

Jen1984
on 4/5/13 1:11 am - trenton, ontario, Canada

Yes they gave a book with a few things but I don't want to live off just the couple suggestions they gave.  I would like a variety and choices.

Willowbeez
on 4/5/13 1:19 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

There are two cookbooks I know get rave reviews.  One is Eating Well AFter WLS by Patt Levine and the other is Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies.  I've heard both are really good and give a good variety.  Once you can eat a variety these might be good to try.  Chapters sells both online.  Best of luck!

sublimechick
on 4/5/13 4:37 am - Canada

I feel the same way!!! My surgery is May also (I will get exact date soon when she phones back as I had to pu**** back). I also have the book from my centre but it would help to have an exact meal plan or more options. 

My work schedule (60+ hours a week) limits my time for food prep. I have to get into the habit of pre planning and preparing. So more options, or hearing somebody else's choices would help!

I totally understand what you are saying and I hope you find some awesome food ideas!!

Ps-GOOD LUCK and I hope it goes easy and smooth for you :) 

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

orcoco
on 4/5/13 1:20 am

You're going to have to lives off their suggestions for a little while, for the most part anyway.  The good thing is that after a month you can start eating different things!

Right after surgery you won't have to cook much at all, unless you like eggs! :)  It will be mainly yogurt, protein drinks, cottage cheese etc.

Referral to Humber April 1, 2012     Orientation September 4, 2012     Meet Surgeon October 5, 2012      SW, Dietician, Nurse November 16, 2012     Dr Glazier Nov 22, 2012  Start Optifast Nov 23, 2012   Pre-Op Nov 27, 2012  Surgery December 14 with Dr. Starr

maryottawa
on 4/5/13 1:22 am - Canada
Hello muy surgery will be 2 May. You need todo read your book and if you hace other question you can make a list and ask when you are in the hospital. My list is : protein powder, protein premiun ready to drink, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, chicken or vegetables broth (low sodium, low fat) and vitamins. A the more important lots of water. ( add mio, crystal light) for the protein you can add sugar free syrup with flavour. I think these things are the básic for the first week. After you can go for groceries for the puree stage. Good luck.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

moniquesgettingft
on 4/5/13 2:00 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
My surgery is May 2 too at HRRH... I've been making my chicken broth and freezing it.
Nanato2
on 4/5/13 3:02 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

check out eggface. com  she has some good receipes on her site.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

willowraine
on 4/5/13 3:32 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
The first couple of weeks I mainly ate cottage cheese, yogurt, protein drinks and powder, the powder I mixed with soya milk. During the puréed stage I didn't add much more.....eggs, ground beef, low fat cheese.

When I was discharged the hospital gave me a more detailed list.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Most Active
Recent Topics