Weight Loss Done?

Donna E.
on 5/6/13 12:12 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
I am 9 months post RNY. I have not lost any weight in 2 months. I am trying to continue to eat healthy, and go to the gym 3 times a week. Is this a stall or am I done losing weight?
Thanks
Dar_Mab
on 5/6/13 1:09 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Are you still tracking your food?  How many calories in a day are you getting?  How much protein?  Drinking at least your 8 glasses of water per day?   Taking vitamins?   Have you seen the dietitian lately?

A little more detail might be helpful so vets ( not me) can perhaps comment and provide some good advice.

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

aprilflowers
on 5/6/13 1:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
At 9 months you are likely not done! Unless you're really clise to goal.

I stalled several times, and I saw many people on here frantically post about it
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/13 8:38 pm - Straford, Canada

Like previously said what are you eating/tracking?  "Trying" to eat healthy might be like trying to be an astronaut, not really practical for most of us.  I slowed down significantly after nine months but I know exactly why, I started to eat a lot more carbs.  When I go back to 65-70% protein I start to loose again but I am at my goal and my status picture shows how I feel I look so I'm done loosing.  I am also not convinced that much protein is good for us long term.  It might be but I do not know.  I would recommend you go back to basics, count what you're taking in and track what you're expending.  

I used to go to the gym when I was morbidly obese.  Looking back I was fooling myself, I probably didn't burn 300 calories but I did a lot of huffing.  I'm not saying you are doing the same, just wondering if you're tracking what you're doing so you know the numbers?  

Good luck!

Monica M.
on 5/6/13 11:11 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

were you one of those people who were "at the gym for hours" but spent most of the time chatting?

kellybelly333
on 5/6/13 11:14 pm - Toronto, Canada

That is totally my friend. He sits on a recumbant bike and forgets to pedal, while watching TV.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 5/6/13 11:17 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

I find that they're usually ladies, full makeup on, and really cute work out outfits.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/13 2:47 am - Straford, Canada

No I was one of those people too winded to even think of talking, though what I was winded doing s a mystery to me today!  

Monica M.
on 5/7/13 3:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i think i was winded just getting up and moving around....

Patm
on 5/6/13 11:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As Del_Mar said track your food. You do not say how close to goal you are. I found the closer I was the slower I lost.

Most Active
Recent Topics