3 Months already

Monica9811
on 5/28/13 12:02 am - Peterborough, Canada

Yesterday was my 3 month surgeversary...my goal was to be down 60lbs which I hit so I was excited.  My next goal is to hit the halfway mark and then onederland.  It has been quite a ride so far.  I am loving my RNY.  I have no regrets, no issues with food and I follow the plan. I don't touch sugar although it is every where!  I eat my protein and veggies and I have the odd melba toast or a couple of bites of potatoe a couple of times a week.  I haven't had any bread since surgery.  What I miss is my hair-damn it is falling out fast now.  I am going to buy Silica that my hairdresser recommended because apparently it works.  I also miss Subway now and then.  It was an easy go to for a half decent lunch but I don't do bread so obviously I don't do Subway.  I miss pizza the odd time too but other than that I don't feel restricted whatsoever.  I want to be successful at this my entire life and it is all about choices and what matters to my health and my body.  Even on the weekend when I was away with the girls-they had chocolate cake and muffins and chocolate bars and chips and gummy bears-not one touched my lips because I made my own hot dip with low fat cream cheese and I brought my own crackers that are very low and I was also in charge of the meals so I made sure they catered to me-and since they don't cook they had no choice haha.  I am enjoying wearing nice clothes and even put on some bling now and then. People comment all the time how good I look and it feels so good.  I don't exercise faithfully but I am on the go all the time and spend alot of time outside working around the house.  My sister ordered me a fitbit so once I get that I will be able to track how much I actually move.  I want to tell anyone who is on the fence to take advantage of this gift because that's what it is.  I wake up every day thankful that I had the courage to go through with this surgery and I thank the people who started me on this journey and who have continued to inspire me.  This board is very important to me and I am on it daily.  We need the support and this is one of the best places to get it.  Thanks to everyone who shares on here and I am looking forward to hearing about more successes and helping people with their challenges.  I have pics posted in my profile as I have no idea how to put on here.

Patm
on 5/28/13 12:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on following through so well. You look fantastic

Monica9811
on 5/28/13 12:18 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Pat!!!  I feel fantastic.

kristaeb
on 5/28/13 12:34 am

Congrats on your weight loss thus far .. I enjoy reading all the success and happiness on here. I am so excited to get to that point too. Continued success to you.. Krista..kiss...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Monica9811
on 5/28/13 5:05 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Krista!  You have less than a month to go!  Very exciting!

RidingFan
on 5/28/13 12:35 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13
Congrats Monica! It always amazes me to see the transformations of people on this board since joining last year. So positive and life changing!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Monica9811
on 5/28/13 5:07 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks!  I hope we get a chance to meet tomorrow!

MuskokaMom
on 5/28/13 12:47 am
Hi Monica. Are you the Monica that Shawn knows?

Monica9811
on 5/28/13 3:37 am - Peterborough, Canada

Yes that would be me!!!  He asked me yesterday if I had heard from you yet.  Anytime you want to chat you know how to reach me!!

LorraineC44
on 5/28/13 1:13 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Congratulations Monica you doing great!!

Lorraine

Most Active
Recent Topics