TWH Soooo Annoyed and Angry

hmtmomof4
on 5/31/13 5:45 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

So I had my orientation back in March and I have my first set of appts. booked with the NP and SW in July.

They called me today and told me they had to reschedule my SW appt. and the next opening is....OCTOBER!!!

I am sooo angry and upset that I am in tears. I cannot believe that they feel it's OK to do this to people.  I have had SUCH an emotional week as I watched my Dad have a heart attack and go into Cardiac arrest TWICE this week. Thankfully they got him back but he is still in the critical care unit.  I need this surgery sooooo bad so that I do not go down the same route he is going down.

I understand things come up, but why can she not work 1 extra hour a few nights to reschedule these people.....this is peoples lives on the line!! :(

I'm soooo upset about this.  It felt like July was a lieftime away....October....I cannot even comprehend this right now! :-(

OK rant over...thanks for listening! :)

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Patm
on 5/31/13 5:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

A lot of people have had success in calling and seeing if there are ccancelations. They call daily. I understand calling TWH early in the day helps get through to someone.

Good luck

Darksyde
on 5/31/13 5:57 am
I understand your frustration...Even though my appointments were only 2 months after my previous appointment, the waiting game seems killer. I suggest you call on a weekly basis to see if there's any cancellations. Doing that got my psych appointment moved up from July 10th to June 4th.

Don't lose hope. You'll make it, and it will be so worth it in the long run. If you think about how many years you've been big, the few months until your appointments is really nothing. Keep the faith!

Orientation - 05/04/13  Social Worker - 08/04/13  Nurse Practitioner - 07/05/13  Nutrition Class - 13/05/13  Psych Assessment - 04/06/19  Nutritionist - 19/06/13  Dr. Urbach - 19/07/13  PATTS - 02/08/13  SURGERY AT TWH - 13/08/13  HW-393 Opti Start-386  SW-347

Nanato2
on 5/31/13 7:33 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

You can try and call and see if there is any cancelations but I do now that at the end of June one of the staff is leaving so they may have nobody to replace them so they may have to move people around.

There also could be cir****tances why they have had to move things around short staff, staff getting ill, vacations etc.

Just hang in there your time will come just like all of ours did and keep calling and trying.

Sorry about your dad hope he is doing better.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 12:40 pm

which staff is leaving?

zillah
on 5/31/13 7:42 am

I would be upset too the process can seem so long.  I hope you can get in early due to a cancelation.  If not you will have to make the best of it, sorry.

Katie M.
on 5/31/13 8:22 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Oh, that's horrible :( And I'm sorry to hear about your Dad too. As others have said definitely call to see if anyone has canceled their appointment so you can get in earlier. Generally I get through first thing in the morning or right after lunch at 1 o'clock. Fingers crossed you won't have to wait until October - it may not seem like long to them but to us it might as well be a year!!

I hope your Dad stays stable so he can move out of the critical care unit. And I hope you wont have to wait until October!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 9:28 am

There have been many who have had to wait way longer... I would be concentrating on your father at this time... he is the one that needs your attention. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 9:47 am

wow .... i am sooooooooooo sorry. :(  I would be at them every week for an earlier appointment. or ask for a transfer.  that just isn't good enough ... and no,  you are not asking for too much.  not at all.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/13 10:38 am - Straford, Canada

hope your Dad stabilizes and gains strength!

The bariatric programs are bursting at the seams, my one year was this week and I have been rescheduled twice for the annual review, now set for August 1 (but wouldn't be surprised to see it rescheduled again). We are all effected by the number of patients being moved through the program, no one has singled you out and no one has "done" anything to you.  Relax and enjoy the ride!  

Most Active
Recent Topics