Popcorn???

TanyaLH
on 8/3/13 8:00 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Hubby and I are going to the Drive In, he will be having popcorn loaded with butter and salt. I would like to make my own in the hot air popper and have it plain, I am just over 2 months out. Is popcorn ok to have at this stage or should I wait?

TIA

Tanya

2mar
on 8/3/13 8:14 am
RNY on 09/20/12

I would not put anything of no real nutritional value inside of me 2 months out.  Could you take some cheese? hummus? maybe a little bit of (steamed) veggies in you can't eat the real veggies as yet.

Just an idea... You need to decide that one. 

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

TanyaLH
on 8/3/13 8:23 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Thats good advice. Hummus it is with some melba toast. Thanks!

Tanya

lisachevy
on 8/4/13 3:58 am - Kitchener, Canada
Hey Tanya,

Two weeks ago I had a couple hands full of popcorn and I was two months out then. I had all my protien in that day so for my last snack I had some popcorn, we were also at the drive in. It went down fine. I wouldn't do it all the time though.

Lisa

Mary A.
on 8/6/13 1:17 am
On August 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM Pacific Time, lisachevy wrote:
Hey Tanya,

Two weeks ago I had a couple hands full of popcorn and I was two months out then. I had all my protien in that day so for my last snack I had some popcorn, we were also at the drive in. It went down fine. I wouldn't do it all the time though.

Lisa

I am an old veteran....and I love popcorn usually have it a couple of times a month...I make it it a wok on my stove...and always use the white kernels as they pop up fluffier...just go slow...IMO I never tried new foods away from home, in case something happenned.

IT's great as a treat~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

dna
on 8/4/13 4:15 am - Canada

I know I am late but I am almost a year out and I just started eating popcorn ! lol  It goes down ok and I limit it to a cup at a time.

Everyone is different.  I hope you enjoyed the movie !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

GirlSassy
on 8/4/13 11:01 am - Kingston, Canada

Popcorn is a trigger food for me. I have not had it sine opti and I am 8.5 months out...too easy to eat too much.

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

Most Active
Recent Topics