Sick Benefit Forms

Kimmiekat
on 11/21/13 9:45 am

I've got a question about the medical forms for sick benefit pay. I spoke to someone in HR today, finally!!..after playing phone tag for weeks...it turns out my work WILL cover time off for surgery, ONLY if the Dr writes why you need the surgery! Apparently Manulife has always considered it COSMETIC! BS. So he then proceeds to tell me that I need to have the forms filled out as early as possible, so they can green light it or decline it. Who do I have fill out these forms? The surgeon? Who should I ask at the clinic? Who's most likely to know? Any advice would be appreciated.

Oh, and I have my first surgeons appt with Dr Rotstien on Dec 6! So excited!!!

Kim

Nerak
on 11/21/13 10:09 am - Canada

Hi Kim, 

I don't think you are at the same center as I am but I got my forms filled out by the nurse practitioner and after surgery I got another note from the doctor. I had no difficulty with either my insurance or my work. Hope it goes as smoothly for you. 

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Kimmiekat
on 11/22/13 12:09 pm

I spoke with a nurse today at TWH and she told me to bring the forms with me for my appt with the surgeon. My works just so picky about how things are filled out and worded, it's ridiculous. I've had times when they couldn't read my Dr's handwriting (who can??) and they reject it till they get a hold of him. I usually find this out on payday when it's missing and have to wait till NEXT pay to receive it. Grrrrrr. Just want to avoid all of that, especially at a time when I only want to worry about my health and not finances :)

Most Active
Recent Topics