Rushed to Hospital with Allergic Reaction

BeckyJ58
on 11/22/13 11:16 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Hi, yesterday I took the same vitamins I have been for 15 weeks now and my protein shake.  Just after the protein shake I was on fire with a red rash on my back, chest, arms neck and face.  I immediately took 2 benadryl and off to the hospital.  I didn't even see triage as they took me in right away.  Hooked up and given 5 bags of IV and a shot in the stomach.  I now have an epie pen.  I wondering since I havnt changed a thing could it have been a sign of dumping???  Maybe I drank the shake too fast?  I felt as if I was going to explode.  Has anyone experienced hives if you were dumping?

4-Jane
on 11/22/13 11:46 pm - Canada

That sounds frightful Bec I hope you find out what caused it so as to avoid it.  I still do two shakes a day so would not like having to worry if I could drink them or not.  I can't see what I typed so    Take care for now

Respectfully Jane
TammyS74
on 11/23/13 3:28 am - Canada

feel better!

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/23/13 4:18 am - Windsor, Canada

No hives are not a sign of dumping. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Hennagirliegirl
on 11/23/13 5:24 am - Canada

Yikes, must have been scary for you. it 's unfortunate there were so many new things in the mix, makes it difficult to decipher.

I developed some hives post op also, but it was when I started fer in sol ( which I didn't start till about day 5 or 6 since I was waiting for it to come in to my pharmacy ) 

Hope all goes well moving forward. 

Terri

Test

CBarnes11
on 11/23/13 8:50 am - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

Wow Becky, I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope you are ok and you don't have any more trouble  Missed you this week at coffee  Hope this is the last of your trips to see a doctor for a while  

Surgery Scheduled for December 19, 2013.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

CBarnes11
on 11/23/13 8:51 am - Port Hope, Canada
RNY on 12/19/13

Wow Becky, I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope you are ok and you don't have any more trouble  Missed you this week at coffee  Hope this is the last of your trips to see a doctor for a while  

Surgery Scheduled for December 19, 2013.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

Agosto
on 12/5/13 5:23 am

I am so sorry to hear about this, I hope everything is going well now!  Please take care!

See you on Dec. 12th

Most Active
Recent Topics