What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 11/23/13 7:23 pm

RNY  4 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Looking forward to a relaxing day with a good dinner tonight to watch the Grey Cup....Oskee WEE WEE!! for all the Hamilton Fans!!

STEPS - 5900

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Fried Egg sandwich on whole wheat bread

S - Frisee/leaf lettuce salad with toasted walnuts and white balsamic dressing

D - Beef Wellington with mushroom duxelle

Root vegetable mash

Sweet kale and grape tomato saute

Dried cherry and prune sauce for the beef

this whole menu is from Longo's free  seasonal recipe magazine

S - S/F popsicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,381,  Carbs - 121 grams,  Fat - 60 grams,  Protein - 98 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

Onward and
Downward

on 11/23/13 9:16 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

That looks like an amazing menu, Barb.  Yum to the dinner!

Yesterday went pretty well for me - I did substitute a few things because when you're at other people's places, you kind of have to go with what they're serving.  But I stayed within my 1500 calories with proper proportions of protein, fat and carbs, so it worked out, even when I had a tiny piece (about a quarter of a piece) of birthday cake and about 2 tbsps of ice cream with it.  Should be interesting to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see how I did this weekend since I haven't weighed myself since Friday morning. 

I think my mom is making meatloaf for supper and we're going out for sushi for lunch.  I can plan my snacks and pack them to take along to whatever we do the rest of the day.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/splenda/vanilla with an apple

L - 3 pieces of salmon sashimi, 1/2 order of golden dragon roll sushi (the rest for lunch tomorrow!), and probably a serving of miso soup

S - 34g brie and 10 Paris toasts

D - 1 good-sized slice of homemade meatloaf, 1/2 cup green beans, 2 tbsps roasted potatoes

S - 1 cup skim milk with 25g Special K Protein cereal (for some reason, mixing the cereal and milk doesn't bother me even though it's eating solid and liquid together, and cereal with milk is total comfort food for me.)

TOTALS: 117g protein, 49g fat, 103 carbs, 16g fiber, 1390 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Julia P.
on 11/23/13 9:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year Post-Op

Good morning, everyone!  We got back from our cruise last night - it was an amazing trip, but tough to get back to the cold and snow! 

I did a good job of keeping active while away, running every other day and doing some yoga classes.  However, my eating was not great at all and it shows on the scale this morning!  Back to regular routine starting today.

I'm just about to head out for a run.  Here's my eating plan for today:

B - Greek yogurt with blueberries, all bran buds, and SF syrup.  Tbsp. peanut butter pre-run

S - Premier protein shake with banana

L - Eggs and back bacon

S - Pepperettes and cheese

D - Butter chicken, asparagus

S - SF jello, SF pudding

Totals - 1,376 calories, 92g carbs, 53g fat, 135g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Onward and
Downward

on 11/24/13 12:28 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Well, welcome back!  Glad you had a good time, even though I'm jealous. :)  And I know you - you'll have that bit of holiday gain gone in no time...

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 11/24/13 12:05 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you had a good time. I am sure you will lose whatever you gained fast

Patm
on 11/23/13 10:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad your team got in the Grey Cup. I was sorry the Argos lost. They had such a great season. Just chores today. My husband is having a colonoscopy tomorrow so his last meal is lunch today. Actually makes it easier for me.

b egg and bacon

l. greek yogurt, raspberries

s. protein shake

d. chili, apple

cal 920, carb 72.2, prot 90.

Onward and
Downward

on 11/24/13 12:27 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yeah, definitely easier when the other half is getting a colonoscopy, LOL. "Honey, you should have these all the time!"  (I'm sure that comment would have gone over well when my hubby was preparing for his...)

Are you feeling better today?

Patm
on 11/24/13 4:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Cold seems to still be here. Last time hubby had this he was in agony after with gas. I am not going with him this time. Hope he survives.

DeidreB
on 11/24/13 10:00 am

Hi all,

Working on a take home exam/paper today, although spent an hour with trainer.  Busy week ahead, starting MBCT tomorrow, dental surgery again on Tuesday, One of a Kind Show on Thursday, work on paper W/F eve and next Sat/Sun.  I feel good knowing I have my priorities straight and in the right order (eating right, working out, taking care of my health, shopping and oh yeah, school).  i used to let everything go in favour of the effort required for an A but no more.  I come first and school comes last and all I have to do is pass.

Exercise: weight training

Eats: 

B: 1/2 c greek yogurt, vanilla, splenda, raspberries, coffee

L: 3 oz maple garlic glazed salmon and container greek yogurt

S: 3 oz steak and applesauce

D: PC blue menu provolone mushroom stuffed chicken, 2 clementines

S: jello dulce de leche and maybe 1 square of lindt dark intense mint while watching Walking Dead; maybe if I mix em together they'll taste like 'brraaaaiiins'

Totals 963 Calories, 65 Carbs, 25 Fat, 92 protein

Most Active
Recent Topics