Sooo Frustrating

hmtmomof4
on 11/27/13 1:19 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Uggghh..I just need to vent. I am so frustrated with TWH.  Prior to surgery I thought they were all amazing! Now I'm not so sure...I've been calling since Monday morning to have someone call me back with questions regarding a few issues I am having since surgery (I will be 3 weeks post op tomorow). I cannot get anyone to return my calls! I've left several messages and no response. Gonna have to call my family GP and see if he can help me!

My 1 month follow ups were scheduled for Dec. 11th at 1pm but I called last week and advised them that my husband has just been diagnosed with cancer.  I have 3 little ones (5 year old twins and an 18 month old) and there is no way he is well enough that I can leave them alone with him for 6+ hours while I attend this appt. (TWH is a 3 hr drive both ways!!). They rescheduled my appts for Dec 9th when the twins are in school and I can bring the baby with me.  So today I get a letter in the mail informing me about my appts on the 11th of December!! ....apparently she never schedule me for the 9th!!! ....instead she booked my ONE MONTH post op appt. for Nov. 14th....when I was only 7 days post op!!! WTF!!

Sooo now I still cannot attend on the 11th and my appt on the 9th was never booked so I guess I will manage on my own until my 3 month appt. What a mess.

She sent yet another message to the nurse to call me back...I'm not holding my breath that I will get a call back today. I understand they are busy but something should be in place to help guide fresh post ops with concerns.  I feel like I'm on my own with this...........

OK vent over..thanks for listening!

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Catw
on 11/27/13 1:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

Sorry you're going through this.  Being a fresh post op is always confusing, it's kinda like being a Mom for the first time.  I wasn't through TWH, so not sure about their post op care.  If there's anything we can give you answers for, let us know.  Someone may have the answer for you.

Cathy

Patm
on 11/27/13 1:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Yes their phone system is back logged at the best of times. I think it is better just to phone early in the day and keep calling till you get someone. I realise with young children this can be hard. I did my one month check up at 3 months because they were backed up. This was the date I was given when I left the hospital. If you have specific concerns try to get the e-mail of the people you will be seeing. They answer them quicker.

libra1
on 11/27/13 1:47 am, edited 11/27/13 1:48 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

I've been very positive about everything throughout this process, even the bumps--but now I'm getting a bit pissed!!

I'm experiencing the same frustrations you are. Up to surgery my experiences at TWH were amazing. Due to some BM complications the NP at TWH sent me to Emerg. and this experience was great.  Follow-up from then has been awful.

Although I have left messages, emails and even spoken to my surgeon's secretary--she was a delight -- there has been no follow up on the recommendations the ER gave (suppose to have a scope). That was 17 days ago. I have an appointment with my GP because it's clear no one at TWH is going to get back to me. One of the main reasons I was excited about this journey was the "support" I would have throughout the process.

Sorry to vent and high-jack your post.  I hope your concerns are resolved.

hmtmomof4
on 11/27/13 2:05 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Wow, I'm so sorry you are going through issues as well...at least I'm not alone.  I'm also having major BM issues.  Soooo constipated that I am on the verge of going to the ER. After 12 agonizing hours, colace, senokot, MOM and a suppository...all is well....only to go through the same thing 2 days later.  Now I'm the exact opposite....I can't get off the toilet to barely function!!  I'm soooo dehydrated. I drink 2L+ of water per day and I have no clue where it is all going. I am not joking....I pee ONCE per 24hrs...and even then I don't really need to go.  My skin is soooo dry it's cracking everywhere...and my mouth feels like it's full of cotton balls. Ive given up ALL food at this point as my mouth is simply too dry to eat anything.  All I want to do all day is drink!!  3 protein shakes and water water water ALLLL day! 

I still don't regret my decision...just canot wait until I get over this little speed bump.

Oh and somehow....I am 3 weeks post op....lost weight week #1 and have not lost a pound for weeks #2 and #3....I think I even gained 3 pounds. No idea how that is even physically possible!! :-(

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

libra1
on 11/27/13 3:13 am, edited 11/27/13 3:13 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

I suggest you call the nurse navigator

416 262-2691 or email

[email protected]

I hope this helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics