What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 11/27/13 6:11 pm, edited 11/27/13 6:12 pm

RNY  4 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Out the door in an hour to work out with my trainer....then in to the office for what I hope is my last long day....for awhile anyway.....no groceries and no energy right now....so my eats are not my normal.....I might gain on this amount of carbs,,,,even though they are complex carbs....cant worry about it right now......

STEPS - 5250

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 cup of three bean salad

L - Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread

S - Yogurt with fruit and a bit of granola

D - leftover mashed turnips

9 low sodium triscuits

shredded habanero melted on top

Weird dinner.....but likely what I will feel like by the time I get home tonight

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,227,  Carbs - 149 grams,  Fat - 41 grams,  Protein - 66 grams.....TERRIBLE stats......calories are Ok....but how they are derived is poor

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

libra1
on 11/27/13 7:27 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning!

You are such a busy/active person -- amazing.

B-Oatmeal with ground flax seed

S-Premier Protein shake

L- 1 Boiled egg with FF Miracle Whip

D- Extra lean minced turkey and diced tomatoes

S- 1 triangle of LF Laughing Cow cheese and half an apple (first time since surgery)

Cal-610, Carbs-31, Fat-22, Protein-76, Sugar-15, Chol-115

Onward and
Downward

on 11/27/13 7:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good luck with the apple!  I was so thrilled when I could eat fruit after surgery.  Never ate much before surgery, but now they're like candy to me since I can't eat the sugary crap I used to.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/13 7:30 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I made a plan but who knows if I will eat it all.  Feeling better and pain has eased up so the nausea is better as well.  My fridge is pretty much empty so cleaning up the last bit of this and that so I can fill it back up tomorrow.

B - protein shake

S- crustless quiche

L - crustless quiche, ryvita cracker

S - plain greek yogurt, orange

D - 100 grams of porketta roast, 1/2 cup green beans, baked potato, pat of butter ( might lose the potato and butter, but including it in case)

980 calories 72g carbs 36g fat 92g protein

Onward and
Downward

on 11/27/13 7:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Glad you're feeling better, Tracey.  Looks like a great menu to me, even with the potato!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 11/27/13 9:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad it is starting to get better. Sounded really bad. I hear you about the empty fridge. Will have to figure something for dinner myself

Onward and
Downward

on 11/27/13 7:49 pm, edited 11/27/13 7:50 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm glad this is the last day before the pressure at work eases for you, Barb.  How the calories are derived is always the kicker, isn't it?  Same with me yesterday, and it looks like this morning too - I woke up and did a crap grab for breakfast if you can imagine. My hubby brought home a couple of irresistible things and they were on the counter this morning and I just ate them.  Can't believe I did that.  Mornings are usually my time of great resolve for the day.  Well, I'm not going to let it kill my day.  I just plugged it into MFP so I can move on.

Today: Scrambling to get stuff done at work. I'm hoping to be able to take most of December off, but it's not looking promising because I have so much left to do before the end of the year, and the problem is, most of the issues are with people not getting back to me on stuff so that things can move ahead. So I'm going to be chasing people for the next couple of days, which I find stressful.

Then after work I have my art class.  Missed last week's because I wasn't feeling well, so I'm hoping this week's will make up for it.  I don't have much in the way of exercise planned into my day.  Well, maybe I'll go for a walk at lunch or something, although I'm finding that I don't have much tolerance at all for the cold this year.  I'm constantly freezing.  Layering is going to be a big thing for me this winter, I think!  Same old boring menu as usual for the rest of the day, but it works for me.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1 1/4 cup of milk, 10g plantain chips, 2 hazelnut wafer thingies (I told you - awful - but confession is good for the soul.)

S - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 2 tbsps dried cranberries and 1 oz almonds

L - 7 Premium Plus crackers, 1 oz of some kind of cheese in the fridge (forget the kind), and 1/2 cup raspberry/blackberry mix

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/4 cup raspberries and 1/4 cup of blackberries

D - Chicken breast cooked with mushrooms and onions

S - 1 cup of milk (cutting out the Special K tonight to make up for the carby crap grab this morning)

TOTALS: 98g protein, 39g fat, 113 carbs, 15g fiber, 1210 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

libra1
on 11/27/13 8:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Before surgery I was the one who was always overheated. People would be freezing around me and I would be sleeveless. Has that ever changed (and I haven't lost that much weight) -- I even wear socks to bed!!  I totally agree with you about the layering.

Hope your day is a good one. enlightened

Onward and
Downward

on 11/27/13 11:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks, hope your day goes well too!

I wore a warm sweater, and light pants, but under the pants I have leggings AND tights!  Works for me, I'm nice and toasty today.

Patm
on 11/27/13 9:57 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hear you about chasing people. I sometimes feel like the department ***** I politely suggest they finish what I need while all the time seething and thinking this will only take you 20 minutes just do it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics