Feel like crap...

new_me180
on 12/5/13 11:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

..Have a cold, a sore throat and just plain miserable. Had to drive to Cambridge hospital for an emergency MRI after they found something on my liver during a CT scan(hope they don't find anything serious) and had to be poked AGAIN whilst there. I have also started retaining water for some reason and have to start lasix for that *sigh*. That means I have to drink more fluids so I don't get dehydrated and I really just barely make it to 2L a day as it is. It seems as soon as I get better and start getting into a rhythm, I have a set back and it's really starting to get annoying. I know other people go through worse times but, I just feel like ranting as I've had something happen every 2 weeks. I still have discomfort in my stomach and it doesn't matter whether I'm eating or not. I thought I shouldn't be still feeling pain 5 weeks out. I don't regret the surgery, just the constant niggles I'm having and it seems I'm always at the doctors. I know things will get better, I just wi**** would happen sooner.

On the cold issue, can I take nyquil for it or, is there another cold medicine that I can take, Thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/13 9:01 pm

prayers sent.  so sorry things have been difficult for you.  

new_me180
on 12/6/13 4:54 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks a lot, hope it get better as well.

kayakgirl
on 12/5/13 9:03 pm - Canada

About the cold meds; I've developed a very good relationship with my pharmacist over the last couple months both before and after surgery. He is familiar with the pharmaceutical issues with RNY and consequently directs me towards appropriate meds. It helps that I always go to the same pharmacy (which is not a huge store).

I hope that everything calms down for you. It sounds like you have had a rough go. Good luck.

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

new_me180
on 12/6/13 4:57 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I think the pharmacist knows me a lot too, lol, as I'm always there. I will see what she says as I don't think I can take anymore pills.

I hope everything calms down soon as well as I think these little hiccups are affecting my weight loss. Thanks.

Patm
on 12/5/13 10:46 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might find nyquil too sugary. Perhaps a pill. Asking the pharmacy is a good suggestion. As long as they understand you want something low sugar. There are meds out there for diabetics.

Hope you get some releif soon. Being sick can make anyone cranky

new_me180
on 12/6/13 5:03 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Oh I'm cranky alright. I seem to want to fight everyone. I have abdominal pain that wont go away and none of the docs seem to understand what I'm going through and I'm starting to lose my patients. I hope I get over it pretty soon as I want to maximize my weight lose in these first 6 months. I think I'll ride out this cold as I don't think I can tolerate anymore pills if I can't any liquid med. Thanks for your support.

Leanne1
on 12/6/13 9:22 am - Newmarket, Canada

Tylenol cold and sinus might work. That is what RNY'ers can generally take after their surgery

When I get sick, I take nyquil or neo citron. Makes me feel weird from the sugar in it but boy do I feel better after a little while. It is best to ask your centre to make sure what you can take! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

new_me180
on 12/6/13 10:41 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks, will ask them if I am still deathly ill on Monday.

Most Active
Recent Topics