You called me what??

Monica9811
on 12/11/13 10:21 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I am having a hard time getting my head around the fact that people are calling me skinny.  Seriously?  I hear it almost every day and I think "I am not skinny"-I still weight 180lbs!  But I guess compared to 275lbs that I was when I started I guess I do look skinnier...I have even had 3 people walk right by me because they didn't recognize me.  Really?  My hair is still red. I don't think I have changed that much.  Anyway it is just so odd to hear people call you skinny.  I guess it is better than the opposite and calling me fatty when I was overweight.  Thankfully they kept those comments to themselves.

Catw
on 12/11/13 10:31 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Gotta love that NSV.  We never feel we change, but look at a before and now picture, and you will notice a difference.  And it will take a while to get used to the new you.  People will walk by without noticing you, because they are looking for the old you, who isn't around any more.

Enjoy the new you, and all the compliments that go with it!

Cathy

Monica9811
on 12/12/13 12:07 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Cathy!  It is just kinda mind boggling.

Monica M.
on 12/11/13 10:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

lol..pretty cool, right?

Monica9811
on 12/12/13 12:08 am - Peterborough, Canada

It is pretty cool Mon!  Just didn't think skinny and me would ever be in the same sentence!

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/11/13 11:29 pm - Canada

ust smile and say thank you!

Congrats

Terri

Test

Monica9811
on 12/12/13 12:08 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Terri!  I do.

chipmunk_roasting
on 12/11/13 11:46 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I know!

I've returned to an office I was in three years ago (long story, short term contract, they called me, the money is worth getting out of bed for from retirement) ... and ... there are people here who have their jaws on the ground.

(Petty alert:  -- some of these people were exceptionally mean to me last time I was here -- I am loving it.  In a dignified, in your face kind of way, of course.)

Congratulations, Monica!  I share your joy :)

Marilyn

aka mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Monica9811
on 12/12/13 12:09 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks Marilyn and good for you as well!  I bet they were stunned when they saw you.  Happy unretirement :)

Patm
on 12/11/13 11:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have had people walk past me as well. It makes me laugh now. Congrats on the new you

Most Active
Recent Topics