Lack of stomach acid,,

leap
on 1/18/14 8:29 pm - Canada

Has anyone had low stomach acid after RNY . Surgeons almost always put us on Prevacin without checking if we have high or low acid. 3 years out and have discovered that I have low acid  and digestion is slow. I was on acid blocker Prevacin! Please chime in if you had same trouble , 

leap         
Nerak
on 1/18/14 8:51 pm - Canada

How would you know that you have low stomach acid? I would imagine that your stomach keeps a pretty consistent PH no? How did you discover you have low acid? I'm curious! Is there a test for stomach PH that consistently says what your PH is? hmmm....

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

sellarsgal
on 1/18/14 9:26 pm - Oshawa, Canada

My husband had surgery in Dec 2012, He had no previous issues with stomach acid but they gave him Prevacid anyway, He didn't need to take any after surgery. I am going through the process now and already have acid refulx. I Hope my stomach acid goes away after surgery!

leap
on 1/18/14 11:44 pm - Canada

I think that there is a saliva test using a strip simple.  I developed yeast infection of the digestive tract  very tired , sleeping a lot, voice very weak. 

leap         
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/14 9:42 am

wow - never heard of this!  thank you so much for giving us the heads up!  hope things sort themselves out for you soon.  

Most Active
Recent Topics