throat issue

on 4/10/14 5:25 am - Canada

Well I hope that this is not TMI but before I started my Optifast diet I had a problem with my throat.  It always felt like I had something in there that needed to be cleared.  Ever since I have been on the optifast that sensation is gone.  I am now wondering if my problem stems from as food allergy ad I have not been on any food now for 17 days.  Could this be possible??  :-)   Val

aidan
on 4/10/14 9:39 am - Canada

how long have you been on optifast- how much weight have you lost. When was at my heaviest I remember having the feeling of my throat closing and as soon as I started losing weight it went away. in my case I think it was actually pressure around my throat from my weight.

on 4/10/14 9:47 am - Canada

I have been on the Opti for 17 days. I have 11 more days of it and them my surgery.  The sensation does not feel like my throat is closing it feels like there is stuff or gunk in there just like when you get a cold.  However it could be because I  have lost weight.  I have lost 25lbs so far. Anyways I hope it stays away i'm so happy with it gone.  :-)  Val

Patm
on 4/10/14 12:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like post nasal drip. SO yes it could have been an allergy. When you start food again see if anything in particular triggers it. Things will change when you ave surgery. Somethings you could eat before may not agree with you after.