protein coffee

gonna_B_thinner
on 5/29/14 1:41 am

I have seen some post they are drinking protein coffee in the what are you eating today posts; can someone tell me what's in it, or is it just coffee with protein shake in it instead of milk?  I know it's kind of a silly question but I've been wondering.  thanks

Marny B.
on 5/29/14 2:04 am - Canada
Yes. Many people add a pre-made shake to their coffee, like a Premier (Costco) shake. I have heard that some add actual protein powder, but this has NEVER worked for me. I always end up with a sickeningly lumpy mess, no matter how much stirring I do, and no matter how slowly I add the powder.
If you like a cold protein/ coffee drink, I often make coffee and chill it in the fridge overnight. When I make my morning shake, I add the cold coffee, choc. powder, and ice. The coffee cuts some of the sweet of the protein powder, which I like.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

gonna_B_thinner
on 5/29/14 2:20 am

Ok thanks for the reply; I have never been lucky enough to find the vanilla Premier shakes and I don't really like a chocolate coffee.  But I could try mixing up a vanilla protein shake and use that in the coffee.  My centre frowns on protein shakes by themselves but I think I will try this.  I like your idea for cold coffee drink.  Thanks again for the ideas.

CCs_mum
on 5/29/14 2:29 am

a great one that I like is the Chike iced coffee... all I can say about it is  Yummmmm !

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

Marny B.
on 5/29/14 2:43 am - Canada
Mmmmmmmm....love iced coffee. I'd like to try this. It's great that the protein is already in it, and it's an isolate to boot. Where do I buy this???

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

CCs_mum
on 5/29/14 2:46 am, edited 5/29/14 2:47 am

I buy it on-line (well really by telephone because they have difficulty inputting a Canadian address on their site)

I think they are well priced.. taste is amazing !

You can email them to let them know what you want to order and someone will call back to get payment details.

Chike Nutrition - [email protected]

here is their site: http://www.chikenutrition.com/

Karen M.
on 5/29/14 5:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for the heads-up on this! I emailed the company for assistance as I want to purchase a couple of sample packs (all 6 flavours). Have you tried any of the others or just the coffee?

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CCs_mum
on 5/29/14 5:08 am, edited 5/29/14 5:09 am

I have tried the sample pack.. I found them enjoyable but too sweet.  The iced coffee is the best one (in my humble opinion)... well worth the cost because I haven't found anything near as good.  Also, I always get the single serve pouches rather than the large container (minimal difference in cost)

I like the ease of just throwing the packet in my purse or leaving it in the car and away I go...

Karen M.
on 5/29/14 5:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

Great, thanks for the info. Especially looking forward to the protein coffee, considering the obscene amount I tend to drink each day.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 5/29/14 2:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I make a protein coffee every morning. I make mine with a powder. I have a mason jar, put my desired amount of milk in and add the protein powder ( Six Star Whey I solate or Progressive Harmonized) put the lid on the jar, and shake the crap out of it, pour it into my coffee. No lumps at all! And I only do 1/2 a scoop of vanilla.

Tanya

Most Active
Recent Topics