My Rant

Dreamy74
on 6/17/14 12:00 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Wow HealthyMomma I am so sorry that you have been through this.  Could you tell me what centre you are going to? 

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 12:06 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Humber Dr. Klein is my surgeon. I must say everyone else there has be great all kind, caring, and understanding just this one lady not so much.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Lisa2828
on 6/17/14 12:28 pm - toronto, Canada

Just a shot in the dark. Was the dieticians name Roshni? 

Lori W.
on 6/17/14 12:21 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

I used Lean Cuisines for lunch a lot in the past. Added a piece of fruit and a yogurt. I see nothing wrong with that. Definitely since you have a July 7th surgeon appointment, she needs to make time for an appointment before then. She sounds like one of those anti-WLS yutzes that wants to spout off what they think they know. I'm mad FOR you, too!

Kick butt tomorrow!

Best to you,

Lori.

Zizzler
on 6/17/14 12:51 pm

Hang in there!  There is no excuse for that type of behaviour and you deserve better.  Hopefully the office manager will be helpful.  Sounds like a good plan talking to him or her. 

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

sellarsgal
on 6/17/14 12:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I'm so sorry Lisa!! She is a B....! DON"T cancel your surgeon's appt!!! Just tell them you have to go back to her. (HUGS)

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

jaxie77
on 6/17/14 12:57 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Lisa , im sorry to hear you had a crappy visit with a witchy dietician !! God ...sounds like ill be experiencing her rath in a couple of weeks myself !! I understand why you feel deflated , you sound like you are doing amazing with everything then for her to shoot you down , thats ridiculous !!! Seriously though if we were so well organised and able to completely control ourselves around food , why are we here in the first place !?! 

Do you really have to cancel your appointment with Dr Klien on the 7th? Maybe they will let you keep it as it will be close . 

Dont let her get you down doll , just keep doing what you're doing cos you're doing so well , and like Karen says , do what she wants and hopefully she will be satisfied when you go back . 

Chin up dear :) 

1HealthyMomma
on 6/17/14 1:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

My appointment with Klein is for a date and to purchase Opti so it has to be canceled because she did not ok me for surgery. He will not give me a date until all clear me. I'm not canceling it until I speak to the clinic manager.

Yes that does sound like her name not 100% but it does sound similar.

Thanks again everyone

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

eclectikat
on 6/19/14 2:20 pm - Canada

I would not cancel it period, if it is scheduled it is as valuable as gold... go, talk to him, explain your efforts... and see what he says...maybe a face to face with him will be all it takes... and he can prompt the dietician to approve you... sorry to say, but the dieticians are junk... they are the single most egregious part of this whole process... they are wicked and should all be forced to take some sensitivity training... just my Humble opinion

Love from Kitkat from Ontario, Canada

~~~Pain is weakness leaving the Body~~~
            The way you view the future determines the life you life today

Namaste! Peace! And may blessings abound!

anniew72
on 6/17/14 2:43 pm

Hi lisa,  her role as a registered dietitian I thought was to guide you in making better food choices before and after surgery and not to tell you which diet is best for you. You should call her supervisor and make a complaint because she is moving past her scope of practice, you are not there to ask her advice on which is best for you, you are there  for her professional help with eating before and after surgery.

Annie

Most Active
Recent Topics