Sad news

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/21/14 12:24 am - Windsor, Canada

Yes I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same person. :-(

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

highlandbear
on 6/21/14 2:58 am - Canada

yes that is the girl.

Karen M.
on 6/21/14 4:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, that was Joy.

You know how many times people would ***** at her for using text speak? LOL It used to amuse her to no end.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 6/21/14 4:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my god! I am so terribly sorry to hear this.  I was reminiscing the other day about the people here who have touched my heart and I actually thought of Joy and what a pain in my ass she was and what a sincere thrill it was to meet her in person and see that she was doing well and give that pain in my ass a huge hug.

Thank you Dawn for letting us know. My thoughts are with her family.

Karen

Karen

Almostthere1966
on 6/21/14 9:41 am - Canada

I never had the opportunity to meet or get to know her, but she sounds like a great fun lady, condolences for certain as well as nerves now since I am also in Hamilton and having surgery soon, but never fail hehehe I am going to meet some of you at one of the coffee meetings.

Prayers to the family and her friends and a silent farewell for this lady ( Bowing head)

Kathy

Karen M.
on 6/22/14 11:09 am, edited 6/22/14 11:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

Going through some old pictures and came across a couple of Joy and I (the day I met a major pain in my ass and came to love). I'm pretty sure this was 2011 - goofy pic of me but a great shot of Joy!

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 6/22/14 11:14 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

OMG, her!  I didn't know who it was until I saw the pic - I don't think I've met her but I remember her avatar.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Marny B.
on 6/28/14 7:56 am - Canada
I remember the night that pic was taken. She was a bubbly, character. I am sorry to hear she has passed.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

marymo362
on 6/22/14 11:50 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I am so saddened to hear of the loss of a member, and especially one whom people really knew. My heart goes out to her family, friends and to her.

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Lori W.
on 6/28/14 9:57 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

My deepest sympathy to Joy's family and friends.

Most Active
Recent Topics