Ok its back to tracking and being accountable

Nanato2
on 10/9/14 9:06 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Well I am 20 months post-op and did great lost 130 lbs but over the course of the summer I have gained back 15 pounds. It was nobody faulty but my own and every excuse I have made just came down to me going back to some olds ways.

So I have gone to the dietician at TWH and talked to them and today I start tracking again and trying my hardest to eat more healthy and tomorrow its back to the gym.

I know I can do this and get the carb/junk food monster under control.  

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Patm
on 10/9/14 9:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. Hope you get it under control. I seem to still be fighting it.

kellybelly333
on 10/9/14 11:27 pm - Toronto, Canada

You can do it. Maybe find a moment to post on the WAYDE thread daily?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

sabrinastrength
on 10/9/14 11:39 pm - Canada
Acknowledgement and recognition is the first step and probably the hardest one. Now it's time to follow through with the promises we made ourselves when we got the surgery..

I am 14 months post op and am struggling with the same and it's such a mental struggle too. I go for my 1yr post op appointments later this month so I look forward to talking to the TWH team about this in depth.

One step at a time - it doesn't have to be huge, but I noticed even the slightest change in my menu makes a huge difference!

Being active doesn't mean running a marathon, but just to do simple things like take the stairs more, go for that extra few minute walk and slowly you'll get there. Persistence and routine is what works for me.

Good luck!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Karen M.
on 10/10/14 2:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

It is completely a mental issue. Head hunger, justifications we make to ourselves, I could go on and on. Take it one day at a time, or even one MEAL at a time. Routine is key for me too.

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BluIzGal
on 10/9/14 11:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Once you get settled in you new place perhaps we can meet up and hike the stairs of your building. I can use a kick in the backside to get moving myself. Lol

Patricia

Nanato2
on 10/10/14 12:28 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Sounds good Patricia.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Karen M.
on 10/10/14 2:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome back :)

Join us on the "what are you eating" thread - it still keeps me accountable and more importantly, mindful after all these years.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

LilyBugsMommy
on 10/10/14 11:53 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Hi Nanato2, I am just one month behind you and having some concerns of my own. I, too, have a carb/junk food problem. I am thinking of trying to restart myself by doing protein shakes only for a week or so. My thinking is this will help me get off of the sugar craving cycle. I'm not 100% sure about this idea. I have seen others post that they have done this and it seems to help them get back on track overall. The hardest and most important piece will be to stay on track afterwards. Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Nanato2
on 10/10/14 12:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

thanks everyone today was day one of tracking my food and I tracked everything even the junk I ate and noticed that my carb intake was higher than my protein intake so it now to increase the protein and decrease the carb intake.

Most Active
Recent Topics