Should I worry... (Maybe TMI)

msmuggins
on 1/8/15 9:59 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

...that I'm not having gas pain?  I've been burping but not much is coming out the other end since the diarrhea stopped after surgery (they kept me an extra day because I had loose stool with lots of old blood).  Now I'm kind of freaked out. Irrational, I know, because the docs said I was ok (and I don't feel totally awful). Do any of the vets have any thoughts on this?

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/15 10:04 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am not a vet' but I will say, I didn't poop for 13 days after surgery. I just kept taking my stool softener, and eventually it regulated. Glad you made it through OK and are feeling good.

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/15 11:09 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

OH I didn't have gas pain either...

kimber291
on 1/8/15 11:07 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I never had any gas pain either. But it did build up and I ended up taking gas x strips when I got home because I couldn't handle the bloated feeling. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

jaxie77
on 1/8/15 12:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Nope!  No gas pain here either when I first came out . I had a ltitle left side pain going up into my shoulder which was faint , it went away and then some side pain came back just last week . Gone again ....but nothing I would have said was definitely gas pain . I really wasn't in much pain at all at the beginning . Uncomfortable when getting in and out of the bed etc . Uncomfortable / crampy  around the tummy . But no , I felt quite good actually . The poopy thing .....is probably my only issue so far . Not going as much as I'd like and when I do ....let's just say ...I'm left curled up on my bed whimpering like a baby !! And now I have ' The Fear ' !!!! I know its due to not eating much ,but I am getting in all fluids and so on so I'm not sure what else to do . Hopefully it gets easier . But just a heads up that it may be problematic in that department . You sound like you are doing great doll ! Rest up and enjoy the next few days just chillin and healing good :) 

Hugs x 

Jax x

Karen M.
on 1/8/15 8:05 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So if I am understanding correctly, you are worried because you feel well. As a vet, my thoughts are ENJOY IT. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

msmuggins
on 1/9/15 12:05 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I was a little "cray cray" when I got home from the hospital yesterday and I think I was just really overwhelmed and freaking out about everything.  I slept well last night and I'm feeling good today. I've been drinking water and tea all morning and was just able to eat a small sf yogurt. I'm going to try to chill out. I think my hormones are fluctuating all over the place (I've already spontaneously burst into tears for no reason whatsoever). I'm usually pretty even keeled so this has been challenging to get through. But physically I feel pretty good and I'm sure things will get better and better as the days go by. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

anniew72
on 1/11/15 7:42 am

Hi I had my surgery on friday had no pain  and no gas pains at all the nurses all said it's normal and tha I am lucky , I just kept sipping and walikng.

Most Active
Recent Topics