Frustrated / Stall

josh_h2
on 1/12/15 4:02 am, edited 1/12/15 4:02 am

I'm getting so frustrated right now...  I've been at the same weight (+/-3lb) since Dec 20th.

I had my surgery on Sept 16th - lost 95lb since then - I know that's awesome, and I've had numerous people at work, family events, church etc come up and ask me if I'm sick because I've lost so much weight so quickly.. 

I've heard of the 3 month stall, but when with this duckin thing break?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (you can tell I have young kids at home, PGing a frustration "adult" word)  :)

I'm relatively close to my "stretch" goal (witin 50lb), and within 30lb of my "I'll be extremely happy" goal..  I just need to see some movement on the scale.

I knew the scale would slow down at some point, but I need to give this thing a boost..  Any ideas? Suggestions?  helpful words of wisdom?

Please?

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Catw
on 1/12/15 4:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

Even when the scales don't move, look at other things.  Have your clothes felt any looser?  How do you feel mentally and physically?  Can you do anything that you couldn't before, or had trouble with before?  In reality, the number on the scale doesn't mean a whole lot.  The same number can mean different things for different people.

Stick to the plan and it will come off.

Cathy

josh_h2
on 1/12/15 4:53 am

My clothes are definately looser then when I started 95lb ago :)   I'm down from a size 46/48 to a 38/40  (and if I really want to torture myself, a 36 jean) :) 

Right now, mentally I feel frustrated in that cotton pickin number.. other than that it's like a weight has been lifted - the threat of diabetes, knowing I'll have a longer life for my kiddos, etc.  That's great.  Frustrated with a bit of hair loss (and unfortunately, it's not the greys that are falling out) :)

Physically, I know I can do more - I'm walking without pain, able to do more without breaking a sweat (I don't think I've broken a sweat at all since surgery) 

I just need the movement to keep me motivated

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Catw
on 1/12/15 8:14 am - Arnprior, Canada

You just listed the important things.  Don't focus on the number, it will move and you won't always torture yourself into the size 36s.

Yah, wish my greys would fall out too :o(

Just focus on playing with the kiddos and you'll be fine.

Cathy

Zizzler
on 1/12/15 5:17 am

Hey Josh, I feel your pain.  I have been stalled at 201 for 3 weeks now and today I went up to 202! I am so frustrated as I can almost taste onederland but oh no my body is holding on to the weight. Double check your water, exercise, vitamins, and food intake just to be sure, but other than that we are SOL until our bodies decide to let go of the weight.  Hope your stall breaks soon!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics