Is this to easy?

meowface
on 4/28/15 5:53 am - Canada

Today I had my psychologist apt, It went really well. At the end I asked her how far along in the process I was and what I should expect next / how many more appointments would I have. I still have Nutrition class and a Dietitian appointment. She looked at my file and said that I don't need to see the nurse or the social worker again, they've passed me through and she said she is passing me through the psychologist portion of the program and if I don't have follow up with the dietitian then they will discuss my file at the end of that week and push me through to a surgeons appointment if everyone is on board with it and she said the only way I wouldn't be pushed through to the surgeon is if the dietitian disagrees with it. That shouldn't happen because I've change a lot of habits already. She said I should be good to go for surgery in the fall.

It all seems to be falling into place for me and I'm really happy. Kind of waiting for the hammer to drop and a sheet of paper with a list of new blood work and medical test and whatnot to be dropped on me. Lets hope that doesn't happen... 

I guess my next post will either be "Got my date!" or "The hammer has dropped"

Stay tuned folks 

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

meowface
on 4/28/15 5:57 am - Canada

I should also add, there was a delay at Kennedy station this morning and I arrived at my 8:30 appointment 30 minutes late. Figured I'd just go in and make a new appointment. I was able to jump on a cancellation that the doctor had at 9:30. Talk about a lucky day!

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/15 11:42 pm

well your really lucky.  I was referred last July 17, 2014 and I just got my surgery date for the end of the friggen year this year .  with full clearance.  I have another 7 months to waste.  I didn't have to do a sleep study or anything else as I already have sleep apnea and diabetes.  cleared on all three right away although I had to wait 9 months to see the trio appointments. 

Asiina
on 4/29/15 11:34 am

Congrats!  I had one followup with the social worker and one followup with the dietician, both about two weeks after the original meeting, but then they signed off.  Then it's the long silence until the surgeon's office calls you.

Most Active
Recent Topics