What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 5/7/15 3:00 am

Good morning everyone.

Today it's swimming and some medical appointments.  I won't log my food because I will be out for most of the day, but I will try to make good choices.

Have a great day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 5/6/15 8:46 pm, edited 5/6/15 8:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning and Happy Friday Junior!

Off to work this morning, a couple of errands to run after, will try the "mall walk" at lunch again today (time permitting), not sure what else I'll get up to.

To Tanya: of course I went shopping yesterday on my mall walk. I had an hour and managed to hit 4 stores, and can I just say what a sloppy mess Old Navy is, both their store and their clothes. I found the hour flew by and I didn't have nearly enough time to properly investigate. I will say my eye-balling sizes is pretty darn good - bought 4 things and they all fit when I got home, so no returns thankfully. The quest for the summer wardrobe continues!

To Pat: Since we have been talking about clothing sizes and the vast and varied sizing of women's clothing, here's an example of the ridiculousness: blazer size 8, pants size 4, 2 blouses - one is size 2, one is size 10. How's that for confusion? lol

Oh! To Tracey: I'm going to hit the GNC at Square One and wanted to try the RTD shakes you like - I think they're "Lean"?

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Greek yogurt, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - 3 oz leftover BBQ chicken smothered in homemade salsa fresca, 1/4 cup shredded old cheddar, Frank's hot sauce

S - muffin-tin crustless quiche

D - 4 oz BBQ pork tenderloin, skewer of grilled veggies

S - not sure yet

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/15 3:52 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

GNC Total Lean Shake.  The strawberry one is delicious.  I like all the flavours but that one is like the best.  They sell them individually in the fridge and then by the 4 pack and the 12 pack.  I wait for the buy 1 get 1 at 50% off sales, they have them often. Only 25 grams of protein but really 5 less than Premier isn't that big a deal at our stage of the game.

Karen M.
on 5/7/15 3:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Awesome, thank you so much! 25g protein is excellent and I've been dying to find a good strawberry shake. Glad to know I can buy them individually to give them a test drive, will check these out today!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/15 3:58 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Our store has them individually but they don't always have every flavour in there.  Not sure if all stores had a fridge section so hopefully yours does too.  Last time I bought some they had one called birthday cake flavour and it was chocolate mint and it was really nice.  They often have promotional flavours like in the fall they have a pumpkin one but vanilla, chocolate and strawberry are always in stock.

Karen M.
on 5/7/15 4:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm hoping they have a fridge but if not, I'll try a 4 pack of the strawberry. I would love to have a pumpkin one!

Karen

crqvingchange
on 5/7/15 5:46 pm

I would also have loved to have a pumpkin flavoured shake.  Today I tried the Strawberry flavour and have to say I am not a fan.  It was far too sweet for me and the flavour was like strawberry jello.  Also I bought a vanilla shake and if it is too sweet I will add decaf coffee crystals.   The search continues for a Chike replacement.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 5/7/15 5:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That looks good. I will have to check out the additives in them. So many have guar and cargeenan gum. Both give me cramps and the runs if there is too much in them. If only a small amount then really foul gas.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/15 6:03 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I just checked the strawberry and there is no guar listed and carrageenan is the third last ingredient of about 20 ingredients so I'd think it is small.

Patm
on 5/7/15 6:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Tracey. I may try one to see how bad they bloat

Most Active
Recent Topics