Pre-op Prep

MeltingMindyLoo
on 6/22/15 9:42 am - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

My surgery is in less than a month, and my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and the anesthesiologist on Thursday.  

I know I need to bring my health card and the money to pay for the opti-fast.  Is there anything else I will need to bring?  What kind of tests are done (I'll be at St. Joe's in Toronto, with Dr. Sullivan)?  I am sure there will be blodd work, so I'll wear short sleeves and drink lots of water, but is there anything else I can do/bring/wear/swing from to make the day easier?

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

northernga1
on 6/22/15 10:29 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

well damn that sucked i had a big typed out message and then it crashed as i hit submit LOL.

I just had surgery last Tuesday June 16th with Dr Sullivan.  This is how my pre op appointment went you start out by going to the Sunny Side building its right beside the hospital.  Go up to the 2nd floor and you get to meet Dr Sullivan in person you can ask any questions you want.  After you talk to Cathy and she will give you directions to go to the hospital right beside and go up to the 2nd floor and you register at pre admin and they will call you into a room / do blood pressure and weight / height.  I was not required to see a pharmacist because I am on no medications.  I also did not require any blood work because i am other wise healthy and they didnt deem I needed.  I did not have any testing done other then meet the team one at a time.   they will all come into the room 1 at a time and they will ask you a lot of medical history questions yes they each will repeat over and over but if they require any testing they will do it.  After you walk over back to Dr Sullivans office and you can buy your optifast from Cathy, make sure you bring a big enough bag my suit case wasnt big enough and i had to empty the cases into my suit case and leave the boxes with Cathy. 

Good luck with everything Dr Sullivan is an amazing surgeron and you're in good hands.  i have had zero complications and my incisions are barely noticable.  Other then some naesea the first few days I am doing amazing.  If you want to add me as a friend or on facebook send me a private message 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics