States Shopping List Pls

DigbyFrifri
on 9/15/15 6:41 am

Good morning all

I know that there are great products in the States that ppl have talked about here.    Can ppl suggest my must buys pls.   Only a few weeks post op so still unclear on everything Ill need

slrm2m2
on 9/15/15 12:43 pm - Canada

we need a master list for cross border shopping in Niagara Falls, New York.  I'm looking for suggestions, too.

I know they have lots of sugar free stuff that we don't, but maybe someone will share their list.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

crqvingchange
on 9/15/15 4:31 pm

A master list would be nice.  I take a cooler with ice packs. These are the items I buy when I go down to the States:

At Walmart

LOTS of Greek yogurt, usually Light and Fit.  They have great flavours like Caramel Macchiato, raspberry truffle. 

Sugar free cake mix and sugar free icing in a can - like Betty Crocker.  This way I have it on hand if there is a birthday or holiday.

Almonds - Blue Diamond has flavours like English Toffee, dark chocolate, Caramel macchiato, Espresso, plus the yogurt covered almonds.  The carbs on these are not high and they make a nice treat.

Sugar Free Coffeemate Creamer in the dairy case.  In Canada we only have French Vanilla and Hazelnut.  In the US I found sugar free pumpkin spice, mocha peppermint, and others.

Water Enchancers - I like the Minute Maid variety

At some of the Bigger Drug Stores - CVS, Rite Aid

Liquid Tylenol

Vitamins are usually cheaper - I found prenatal vitamins CVS brand $14 for 300 tablets.

Tops Grocery Stores and Wegmans usually have ready baked sugar free bakery items as does Walmart.  They all freeze well.  I tend to save them for special occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving.  No wonder my freezer is full.

You can read the What are you eating thread on the the RNY forum.  Most of the posters there are in the US and that's where I got my ideas of what to buy in the States.

Hope this helps.  I like the Fashion Outlet Mall in Lewiston NY (just on the other side from Niagara Falls Canada on Military Road.  Lots of great clothes and shoes at some good prices.  I got a coat there at Dress Barn that I wore all winter cost $40 on sale.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

redviking
on 10/1/15 8:09 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I was just in California, so I didn't bring groceries home but I got a few things there that were great. One was Skyr.  It's like greek yogurt. I bought the Siggis brand 0% plain and it was amazing!!  So much taste, so much protein!!  It was really thick and rich if you like that. I know some people don't. Also bought the Blue Diamond cocoa almonds...those were a little too good. I'm kind of glad we can't get them here!  I'm not a big fan of sugar free stuff, but I do like the jello instant pudding and they have different flavours down there and also Swiss Miss sugar free hot chocolate. I REALLY miss hot chocolate and that one is pretty good.   

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Most Active
Recent Topics