A lesson learned 6 months out.

annieliv
on 10/21/15 12:48 pm - Toronto, Canada

Last night was the 1st time since my surgery in April that I did not practice mindful eating and WOW am I paying for it still today.

I had errands to run on my way home and it took longer than I'd anticipated.Finally got in at 7:30pm, made the husband & myself a nice salad w/chicken and sat down to watch the PVR'd Blue Jays game

Before my husband had even picked up his plate, I'd polished off my small drumstick. I don't even remember eating it. It was as though I'd been punched right in the gut. It hurt. I was so mad at myself I couldn't believe it! Nausea set in and I forced myself to be sick. That was followed for the next hour by the foamies.

Today, I still have a dull ache where my pouch lives. I had a protein shake breakfast, a soup for lunch and just tried a Greek yogurt. I think I'll be doing liquids for a couple of days because the yogurt hasn't sat well and my pouch is grumbling at me.

LESSON LEARNED.

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

HKT53
on 10/21/15 2:19 pm - Toronto, Canada

I wish I had your will. Since April??? Amazing...I wanna grow up to be just like you. I had surgery July 10th and situations have put me in pain three times. The other day, I was on a road trip helping a friend out and she bought me a chicken wrap from Timmy's. I swear I had three bites, chewed and chewed. Three hours later, I am pulling off to the side of the road, vomiting. The pain and headache until this morning. I say lesson learned but I couldnt even down a protein shake or Greek yogurt yesterday. I am sticking to light fish today.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

B-Trix123
on 10/21/15 3:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing your cautionary tale, we all need a reminder about this. That Jays game was enough to make anyone hurl!!! 6 - 0 Jays right now headed in to the 8th, taking stiff swigs of Hydralite instead of beer--- just not the same!

Maybe keep a protein bar in your purse / glove compartment. When I know I'm going to be in my car for a long time. I take a protein shake in a little Dollarama lunch bag with me. You likely know this -- if I seem like a wise ass, it's just the Hydralite talkin'!

Karen M.
on 10/21/15 3:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

As unpleasant as it is, this is a VERY good lesson learned. I think we're all susceptible to this happening - get busy concentrating on something else and before you know it, too much food. It's good to know that your body let you know loud and clear that you have to pay attention.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics