Protein powder sample packs

kaymommy
on 2/17/16 9:45 am - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Ok so I definitely don't like the protein powder I have now and am already getting tired of the premier ones. Is there anywhere that you can order single servings or sample packs of protein powders? I wanna try them before I buy a big container since they're so expensive. I definitely want to try a few flavors as well. Thanks for any info you can offer.

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/16 9:49 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

There are a few places that will ship you sample packs of different flavours, sample doesn't always mean free.  I know of 2 but can't recall the name of 1 of them right now.  If I remember, I'll post it later.

http://www.canadianprotein.com/canadian-protein-samples.html

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/16 9:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Here is the other one.  The samples are free but you pay the shipping.  The iced cap one is really good if you are a coffee lover. Chocolate/banana and chocolate/peanut butter were both good as well.  Their unflavoured mixes very well in foods for the early days. I didn't like the strawberry kiwi one.  I see they have new flavours now.  I avoided the soy ones and avoided the max ones.

http://shop.iwindirect.com/home.php?cat=296

kaymommy
on 2/17/16 10:15 am - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Thanks a bunch. I figured they wouldn't be free but don't mind spending a little to save a lot of waste later lol. I love coffee and chocolate peanut butter so I definitely want to try those flavors. Thanks again :)

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/16 10:22 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

They are sold out of many of the flavours so you may want to wait and see if they are back in stock since they only allow you to order 1 packet at the free price then you may for extra ones.  I have had many surgeries in the last 10 years and had to be on liquids a few times and I used the chocolate banana in my runny oatmeal in the morning to give it more protein and flavour and it mixed really well.  Just have to make sure it's not boiling hot, hot but not too hot or it will curdle.  The unflavoured I used in cream soup and it mixed better than the Bulk Barn one even.  If you want unflavoured, you could just go to BB if you have one and get a small amount to try since you can buy as little or as much of that one as you want.  I've heard many say that the New Zealand Whey Protein on the first website is really good but have heard others say it smells like sheep.  LOL  Not sure I could handle the smell if that's the case but I think more say they love it than say the other.  I never ordered from Canadian Protein but have ordered from the other many times.  The iced cap one mixed with water and ice is as frothy and tasty and an iced cap from Tim's.  I tried it with milk but it was just too rich so am more than happy to save the calories of the milk to just mix with water.  I think it's my all time fav protein powder but I adore coffee.

Patm
on 2/17/16 10:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love the iwin ones. I do not use powders much now but would still order the cappuccino ones

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/17/16 12:48 pm - Canada

GNC will allow you to return protein powders if you don't like them.  I believe you have to be a gold club card member (which most everyone is who has ever shopped there)  and it may only apply to their own brand....you'd have to double check on that. 

I had a hard time finding one I could stomach right after surgery.  Anything with artificial sweeteners...NO WAY!!  I had to return a few, then ended up with a unsweetened unflavoured plain of all plain that I just added my flavoured syrups to until my taste readjusted and I could go back to the ready-to-drinks.

I wanted some sample size packets to take on vacation with me recently, they were hard to come by and when I did find them...they were crazy expensive but a lovely girl working in one store slipped me a few she found in the stock room...shhhhh!!!!

I would also suggest if you have a fair sized gym in your area that may have a shake bar to try some fully made up and they may even offer samples as a way to promote and sell their line of product. 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

northernga1
on 2/17/16 5:29 pm, edited 2/17/16 9:29 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

canadian protein will ship samples for $5 something 3 samples at a time.  I've ordered a few samples its enough to mix 1 shake and gives you and idea on if you like it or not.  http://www.canadianprotein.com/100-whey-protein-isolate-2lbs .html  Just click on the side and select samples and choose from the drop down list. 

http://www.canadianprotein.com/canadian-protein-samples.html

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

BluIzGal
on 2/17/16 7:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Pop into a Popeyes supplement store. They will mix up a sample in the store for you to try. I tried at least half a dozen one day before deciding what to buy.  For me, I find the smell of protein powder off putting. I found one that I don't mind the taste or smell of and I've been using it for almost four years. If it were to be discontinued is likely stop using shakes. You can also try the juice ones. They are good for a change. 

Patricia