Approved!

Jo0710
on 10/14/16 8:51 am

I'm excited.  Dietican and social worker both approved me on Wednesday!  I have my surgical ed class the 24th. 

I know I meet the surgeon from St.Mikes by video but how long Is that generally after the surgical ed class? They said I would buy opti from Windsor . Do we have to drive to Toronto as well to meet the surgeon or is it just done over video? 

They said Surgery could be before Christmas or just after.  Wish I knew so I could plan things.  :) 

Kathy1212
on 10/14/16 9:12 am

Congratulations, that's great news!

I just met my surgeon yesterday, and for me, it was online (because I'm in Northern Ontario) but I had to go to our local hospital to do it.  It went really well.  I have to travel to Toronto some time in December to meet the team and have more tests, and then surgery will be some time in January.  I don't have the dates yet either; I was told the secretary will contact in a few weeks time. I wish they'd give more notice too, because it makes it easier to book travel, etc.  I was told I could get my optifast right at St. Joe's.

Ginnny
on 10/14/16 9:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I don't know about the time frame for St. Mikes, but I had my surgical ed class in December and met the surgeon via telehealth in mid February had surgery April.

Congrats to you and I hope time flies!

breuxo
on 10/14/16 12:15 pm

it's all over video only time you go to toronto is for surgery. i went to stmikes. i had surgical ed aug 22 and surgery september 22 so u can see it happens fast 

Jo0710
on 10/14/16 3:54 pm

Wow! That is fast. Windsor said it could be before Christmas but we will see. I'm preparing myself for after. 

My family doctor said she would rather me get it before too but she has no say. Lol 

Mom2Chi
on 10/14/16 6:05 pm

Yay!!  I'm so excited for you...such a relief to finally be approved, but then a whole new set of things to be anxious about right?

HW 260 SW 239 CW 145
RNY JAN 9/2017 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

whitby
on 11/2/16 9:36 pm

fantastic I was cleared yesterday I called the  surgeon today I c him next Friday iam scheduled for my surgery December 23 rd I know it's close to xmas but iam taking it waited one year for this so it's time 

Most Active
Recent Topics