excercise and energy

leeann73
on 11/29/16 9:30 pm

Hello everyone

Well, I have been swimming a few days a week and my sons come with me.  It is a lot of fun to go with them.  I am up past midnight - which I never am - I am a 9 pm girl to bed ... I got back from our late night swim at 9 tonight, then starting to do a bit of work while in bed as I wasn't tired ... and here I am wide awake - crazy eh

my birthday is next week.  I have been getting a bit down about my size and the holiday parties and just feeling gross in general, BUT, what is really exciting is I know this time next year I will be well on my way.  I am guessing my surgery will be this spring / summer so although I am not looking forward to this birthday - next year I will LOVE my body .... don't get me wrong - I do love myself in general for many reasons but my health and appearance is very disgusting to me these days

anyway, just a little check in post.  Love the energy from swimming - hoping it helps with tonning before the surgery - I have sagging skin already - worried that my stomach will touch my knees - and my boobs for that matter ...  after the surgery so it feels good to do some resistence training in the pool ..

hope you all are doing well.

Lee-Ann

Ginnny
on 11/30/16 6:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Don't be so hard on yourself Lee-Ann.  All these positive changes you are making now is only setting you up for success in the future!  Its great that you are being more active and are able to spend that time with your boys!

Keep up with what you're doing!  And Happy Early Birthday!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Cinderz
on 11/30/16 8:38 am

Hi Lee-Ann

I can definitely relate to how you're feeling! I didn't leave my house for nearly two years due to my weight. I missed out on so much and jus****ched as life passed me by. It is awesome you can and are enjoying life with your sons (swimming and being active is a nice bonus) I've long overcome the anxiety of going out in public (I'm still not a huge fan of large crowds) but I too keep thinking of next year and how I will be unrecognized by many people, I look forward to doing things with my daughter that I haven't been able to in years due to my own self hate issues (body wise) I like many others have searched the before and after pictures of WLS, I've watched transformation videos and have even had friends tried to talk me out of the surgery because of the "sagging skin" issues most have, at the end of the day, loose skin is a small price to pay for your physical health and well being. I noticed you are also going through the Windsor clinic which is also where I am going through. I too look forward to watching your journey! Have you picked your hospital yet?

leeann73
on 11/30/16 3:12 pm

I haven't picked the hospital - no one has really talked to me about that except the dietician had assumed that I had already made a choice.  I think I would like to go to Guelph because it is closer to home.  What state are you at Cinderz?

Cinderz
on 11/30/16 3:19 pm

I am in Ontario, about 45 minutes away from Windsor. I have been going through the Windsor clinic which is where I thought you were as well 

leeann73
on 12/6/16 2:39 pm

Hey Cinderz - yes, I am going through Windsor - I thought you meant what hospital would I pick for my surgery.  Can't wait to hear about your surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics