Puréed Food Stage

TBeat
on 9/28/18 11:11 am

Making my husband do groceries for me in preparation for starting my soft/puréed food stage as of next Friday. What were/ are you go to's. I'm so sick of soup and dying for something slightly more solid. Bonus points if you have any Thanksgiving ideas?

Referred 09/19/2017, Surgery 09/26/2018! SW 246.6 M1-

crqvingchange
on 9/28/18 12:13 pm

Go to The World According to Eggface's Webpage. She has recipes and ideas for every phase, and she is a WLS person herself. For Thanksgiving you can make a pumpkin cheesecake pudding. Take pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sweetener, SF Jello pudding in White Chocolate or SF Vanilla, add either SKYR plain unsweetened yogurt or ricotta cream cheese. You don't want to add water or milk because you want more of a solid pudding/cheesecake.

You can also buy the Green Giant Frozen Mashed Cauliflower plain, add some cheddar to bake on top.

I will say that now is the time to really focus on the family and Thanksgiving and not put a lot of emphasis on the food. You don't want to feel left out because you can't have your old favourites, you want to feel thankful and looking forward to your future and how much it will change for the healthier and the better. Think of some activity that can be your new Thanksgiving tradition. Maybe a family walk, games, watching your fav movie, you decide.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Tuktu
on 9/28/18 2:18 pm, edited 9/28/18 7:18 am
RNY on 03/07/17

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I can highly recommend the ricotta bake - taste so good and felt like real food after all the soups

Shelly's Ricotta Bake

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

Greek yogurt or skyr yogurt is great for protein too. Thank God pureed stage doesn't last long!

You'll be onto real food before you know it.

BattlecryForever
on 9/29/18 10:16 pm
On September 28, 2018 at 9:18 PM Pacific Time, Tuktu wrote:

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I can highly recommend the ricotta bake - taste so good and felt like real food after all the soups

Shelly's Ricotta Bake

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

Greek yogurt or skyr yogurt is great for protein too. Thank God pureed stage doesn't last long!

You'll be onto real food before you know it.

Guelph program has people of full fluids for 3 weeks (i.e. pureed soups, cottage cheese). Do you think this is something I could have?

Tuktu
on 10/1/18 10:53 am
RNY on 03/07/17

I don't know why not! but check with your bariatic team and see what they say first

Monica9811
on 9/29/18 7:01 am - Peterborough, Canada

I made a batch of chili for this stage. Love chili and still do to this day. Need to make a batch again for my freezer.

oneatatime
on 10/1/18 11:02 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

I was on soft foods last Thanksgiving. I made a turkey meatloaf and took it everywhere I was invited!! I also made cauliflower rice and brought that. It was perfect for me for thanksgiving!!! Here's the recipe for the turkey meatloaf (got it off this site last year):

French Onion Turkey Meatloaf Recipe

Makes 8 servings

Ingredients

• 2 medium sweet onions, diced (I prefer sweet, but yellow is fine)
  • 2 teaspoons butter or olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 20-ounce pkg ground turkey (I like dark-light mix)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded Gruyere, Swiss, or Provolone cheese, divided
  • 2 Tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • Few drops of hot pepper sauce

Directions

1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until deep brown; about 45 min to 1 hour. Set aside and allow to cool down to warm before adding to the turkey mixture.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the onions, ground turkey, egg, and 1/2 cup of the cheese, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
  4. Place in 1 large or 2 mini loaf pans. Bake large pan 50-55 minutes, small pans 30-35 minutes or until internal temp is 160 degrees. (Will continue to cook while broiling.)
  5. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese over the top and broil for 2 minutes, until melted.

Nutritional Info Per Serving

Calories 229; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 6 grams; Protein 20 grams

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics