What are you eating/doing today/Thursday?

Ginnny
on 10/18/18 5:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning menu gang. CC....I think I've lost my fiend status. Just couldn't do it this morning, was sooooo tired, slept through my Trucker's alarm at 5 right until mine went off at 5:50. Decided my walk at lunch would have to suffice for today.

Well my session with the trainer last night went well. All my measurements were down from January 2017 (which is a darn good thing because if not I would have went off the rails and not set foot in the gym again, LOL). Do I wish they would have went down more, sure, but I am human and life happens. She then put me through a full body workout using free weights. It was great. It is totally something I can do on my own, and know now the signs to look for as for moving up in weights etc. My session with her ran a little longer so Yoga had already started by the time we were done. I just did a few kms on the treadmill and then stretches. Maybe yoga next week.

2 yrs, 6 mos

B - 2 egg cups

S - skyr with 3oz blueberries

L - chili, maybe some raspberries (they looked so good at the store yesterday)

S - deli meat, cucumbers

L - fajita guts with sour cream and cheese

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

corriev
on 10/18/18 5:39 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello -

Seems like my life is returning back to normal again after a few weeks of crazyness. went for bloods today in prep for my 6 month checkup next week. I feel great so should be no worries..

My meal plan for today -

B - Protein shake with quite a few Tea's

S - Skyre with Chia seeds, love the crunch in this snack

L - Tuna in water

D - roast beef with veg

Have a blessed day yall.

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 6:40 am

Corrie, I used to put chia, hemp, flax, and protein powder in my SKYR yogurt. Sometimes I would let it sit overnight and it was really thick then. Back in the day I found it helped with keeping things moving if you know what I mean.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Mellywog
on 10/18/18 6:38 am
RNY on 06/17/19

Good morning All!! Sounds like you got a good work out Ginnny. Back to the gym for round two for me tonight. I am going to do the elliptical and then the 30 minute circuit. Great way to get back into the swing of things.

Accountability: The past couple of days I have not been as prepared as I should be so I have been getting take out (healthy options) for lunch instead of bringing my lunch. Also didn't bring snacks today- the NUT at Wharton wants me eating 6 times a day.. she is not going to be happy with me.

B- Oatmeal bar

L- Probably Longo's salad bar

D- left over pork chops with buffalo cauliflower pieces (Yum)

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 6:46 am

Ginny, after your workout last night, I would still say you are a gym fiend. This morning I slept in too. After my workouts yesterday I was still sore, so I will give it a rest. I love muscle sore, but arthritis sore is the pits.

Accountability: Pretty good, but I did have another chicken drumstick last night.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Rivers of decaf with pumpkin caramel sweetener.

B2. Fried egg with 2 slices of bacon

L. Chicken drumstick with some broccoli and buttah

D. Egg roll bowl, this is good, and it better be because I still have 3 more meals of it.

Have a great day everyone.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 10/18/18 6:55 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I totally crashed around 7:30 last night. I had a headache and just couldn't keep my eyes open. Barely remember DH going to bed. We were up a couple times through the night. I miss sleep lol. Today we are going to pick up a few things I found on FB marketplace. I'm waiting for VV to have a 50% off sale so I can see if they have any winter items we could use (ugh, snow...). Also, I totally thought today was Friday, so that's disappointing lol.

I cleaned out the small freezer this morning and found a ton of things we need to either use or toss. Also, I have a terrible feeling that the freezer is on the way out, so I will have to keep an eye on it. I see a lot of frozen blueberries in my future...

Post-op three years and seven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - peanut butter and banana

Lunch - last of the sausage

Snack - Greek yogurt, almonds, apricots

Dinner - homemade pizza - mostly toppings

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 5:45 pm

Blueberry protein mug cakes (recipes online), blueberry protein pancakes, blueberry sauce for salmon (had this at Langdon Hall, blueberry smoothie with Greek yogurt, blueberries in salad with goat cheese or Brie, blueberry SF jam.

Meggles07
on 10/18/18 5:56 pm - Canada

Oh no, first you find out I don't like soup and now you find out I don't like salmon... Lol. I love Langdon Hall. I haven't eaten there but DH got me a massage for there for a Valentine's day gift one year.

I do love putting blueberries into a protein shake. I will make all the things!! ;) I think I bought them to make oatmeal muffins.

crqvingchange
on 10/18/18 7:53 pm

Meg you are forgiven for the salmon. It was not my favourite fish, but now I'm starting to like it if it's not overdone. I think we should have our next meetup at Langdon Hall. They have good coffee, it comes from Monagram's in Cambridge. Maybe we can find you a yummy non-coffee drink there.

shiney
on 10/18/18 9:55 am, edited 10/18/18 2:56 am

Your workout sounds amazing. I'm so curious - what are the signals that you look for when moving up in weights?

My goal next week is to get back to my old gym programming which involves a lot of free weights. I have 3 months before my surgeon's appt and my goal is to gain some muscle before that. I love working out, but my schedule has been all over the place the last few weeks and I just couldn't push myself to go. My intention is to manage my time better in the days so I can get some rest and wake up in the mornings and get to the gym.

Accountability - I worked a lot the last few days 16 hour plus days, but with the meal prep I was still able to meet my nutritional goals for the day. The only thing off course was eating a banana for dessert last night. I guess that's better than other options?

B - protein shake

S - 2 TBSPs peanut butter

L - Green salad w/ a protein

S - SKYR yogurt with berries

D - eggplant parm with ground chicken

Have a great one!

*TWH* Referral - December 2017; Orientation - March 2018; SW Assessment - May 2018; Nurse Practitioner - June 2018; Nutrition Class - June 2018; Psych - August 2018; Dietitian - August 2018; Appt. w/ Surgeon - November 2018; Surgery date - January 2019

Weight loss

Pre-surgery: 14, M1: 18, M2: 9, M3: 8, M4: 10, M5:6 , M6:9

Most Active
Recent Topics