Just hit half way on my weight loss ticker - excited but nervous still

Sunny2018
on 2/13/19 4:28 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

So happy: I just hit my half way mark on my weight loss ticker. Exciting to see how much I'm down, and trying not to ruin my happiness with looking at how much I still have to go.

I have this fear of jinxing everything and that the losing will just stop - I'm working hard to keep adding positive changes to my life: I track my food daily using my phone app, I've introduced 1/2 hour on my treadmill (previously the item I hung stuff on, placed items on top!).

I've researched gyms in area and found the one that we can go as a family - starting mid March! Even set aside $ for personal trainer sessions, to make sure I'm weight training correctly to get those muscles more shapely and to help set goals for the next year.

I will hit 4 months post surgery on Feb 22; I'm thinking overall I'm doing good - current goal is to up my water intake (somehow cold months make it harder...)

Wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day tomorrow - there is always someone to share an extra hug with, including our 4 legged family members!!

Sunny

SweetRide1
on 2/13/19 5:25 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

You are doing great! You've got it all worked out. Congratulations! Keep at it, you are doing awesome. :)

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Sunny2018
on 2/14/19 5:28 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks! Definitely one day at a time!

Sunny

Ginnny
on 2/14/19 8:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I agree that you are doing great. I did read your menu post and would like to offer some unsolicited advice. I would eliminate the bagel from your breakfast. Many people avoid all processed carbs during the losing phase. Focus on protein first. You should be aiming for 80 - 100 grams of protein in a day and its very important that you up your water/fluid intake. Again 100+ oz of water a day would be ideal.

The exercise is a great idea but will not necessarily help you lose any more weight any faster. It is great for your physical and mental health but as many say weight is lost in the kitchen not in the gym. Many successful people lost all of their weight and continue to maintain without ever doing a regular exercise program.

Keep up the good work. Marvel in how well you have done and continue to do.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Sunny2018
on 2/14/19 5:31 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Thanks Ginny.

Yes, I have to admit I was debating about this pc bagel ( although it does have 5 gr protein - still not the same as pure protein!) Right, I've got some great breakfast ideas to create some yummy egg based stuff.

I always appreciate advice from the experienced ones here - thanks again!

Sunny

Most Active
Recent Topics