Saxenda

GrammaT
on 2/16/19 3:15 pm

Hi everyone . I was curious if anyone has tried saxenda fir weight loss. I wonder how much you an Lose on

it

Amy R.
on 2/17/19 9:36 am

Hi! I don't have experience with saxenda (sp?) but you might want to google the info you're looking for while you are waiting for an answer in here?

shiney
on 2/22/19 9:26 am

I used Saxenda for 18 months. I lost about 8% of my weight and it stayed off. The most tangible benefit was that it really helped manage my hunger. My appetite was significantly reduced.

The only reason I am not on it now is because I actually had a lot more to lose and decided to pursue the surgical program. I used Saxenda until I started Optifast.

*TWH* Referral - December 2017; Orientation - March 2018; SW Assessment - May 2018; Nurse Practitioner - June 2018; Nutrition Class - June 2018; Psych - August 2018; Dietitian - August 2018; Appt. w/ Surgeon - November 2018; Surgery date - January 2019

Weight loss

Pre-surgery: 14, M1: 18, M2: 9, M3: 8, M4: 10, M5:6 , M6:9

GrammaT
on 2/22/19 11:09 am

Thank you for your input.. Did you find you had any side effects from it being on it that long? I am hoping to lose enough weight that I may not need surgery but if I dont I'll go the surgery route.

shiney
on 2/22/19 11:25 am

I did not have any side effects at all.

My doctor had a good trick, she recommended that I take this at night before bed so I would sleep through the side effects in the initial stages. It worked for me! I think the most common side effects are headache and nausea...I felt no nausea and had a dull headache for the first 2-3 days. Eventually I started to use it in the morning instead, because I felt my hunger creeping back in in the evenings...so delaying the dose addressed that.

I actually think Saxenda really just made me understand the benefits of the surgery. I was very much on the fence before. Seeing what a difference the GLP made to my hunger was eye opening. Surgery has made my hunger go to zero.

I do want to say that it does not help you with cravings. So you may not feel hungry, but I found I still had to deal with my mental hunger/cravings. But I am fortunate to have access to a therapist and some self help books that help me deal with these.

*TWH* Referral - December 2017; Orientation - March 2018; SW Assessment - May 2018; Nurse Practitioner - June 2018; Nutrition Class - June 2018; Psych - August 2018; Dietitian - August 2018; Appt. w/ Surgeon - November 2018; Surgery date - January 2019

Weight loss

Pre-surgery: 14, M1: 18, M2: 9, M3: 8, M4: 10, M5:6 , M6:9

GrammaT
on 2/23/19 11:51 am

I have noticed I'm not as hungry all the time now it's only been 5 days I've been using the saxenda. I haven't had any side effects at all mind you it's just the lowest dose I'm taking right now. Time will tell...thank you for your reply ?

Most Active
Recent Topics