Going to Michael Garron hospital

Grayer93
on 5/13/19 10:52 am, edited 5/15/19 6:19 am

Well I just finished my surgery class and found out, I'll be going to Michael Garron hospital in Toronto. I still haven't met the surgeon but apparently it could be next week. They were saying at the rate the surgeons are going , I could have surgery by the end of June. It's kind of mind boggling to think it could be that quick. Getting cleared by the doctor, dietician and social worker wasn't that bad. long did it take for others ? Just a quick update I got a call this morning to meet the surgeon on June 5th and pick up my optifast. So excited

Mellywog
on 5/14/19 8:55 am
RNY on 06/17/19

I went through a different process than you. I am going through Humber River. I had orientation on Nov 9th and didn't hear back for appointments until Feb9th. I was finished and approved by the whole team by the end of FEB except for the internist.

I met with him on Feb 26th and he sent me for a sleep test. I had a follow up and was approved by him on April 15th. I pick up opti on Friday and surgery will be on June 17th!

Grayer93
on 5/14/19 9:20 am

OMG congrats first time I got nervous was during this class. It's really going to happen soon.

Romanceauthor
on 5/14/19 11:47 am
VSG on 05/28/19

I had my first class January 3rd and got a surgery date of May 28th. I was told from the beginning that the process with meeting all the different people and satisfying all the insurance requirements could take anywhere from 3- 6 months so I guess I'm at the longer end of that estimate.

Grayer93
on 5/15/19 6:20 am

I an so excited for you, I just got the call to meet the surgeon June 5th

Most Active
Recent Topics