BB78’s Posts

BB78
on 10/1/19 11:51 am
Topic: RE: HR / Federal Government Health Care Pre-Surgery

Hi,

I just told my supervisor and gave her a note from my doctor that said I would be off of work for up to six weeks as Certified sick leave, which I had, if you have no sick leave you can request sick leave to been advanced to you.

I told my supervisor nothing about why I was off just that I would be off for that time as they are not required to know or ask.

I am out on the road and do have to lift up to 40 lbs so I took the full six weeks, but if I was at a desk I would have been fine in 2 weeks but I would have probably not been able to do full days as I slept a lot the first month after surgery.

I never notified HR or Sun Life.

BB78
on 1/27/19 2:10 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-op liver-shrinking diet

I would eat more then the amount they allowed. Some days I ate no vegetables some days I had a little extra. There was no issue.

BB78
on 12/9/18 9:36 am
Topic: RE: Curious about St Joes Rooms in Hamilton

I was in a former ward room, there were 2 in a room but our neighbors were behind a half wall covered by drapes, so you could hear EVERYTHING they said but could not see them. I also shared a bathroom with the other three.

There was also private rooms. If I had to do it over again I would definitely get the private room. In my room, there was 2 people recovering from emergency surgery and in a great deal of pain and they were also loud with their visitors.

BB78
on 10/6/18 7:37 am
Topic: RE: Straws? Almost a year out.

I am 5 months out and I use straws in my water cup and have for a couple of months, I have no issues. When getting my orientation the nurse said she knows patients will use straws again but if it made you uncomfortable then don't use them.

BB78
on 7/19/18 2:38 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Tuesday. What did you bring?

I wish I would have brought more premier protein as I had to stay an extra day and had to drink the awful stuff they served. I wish I would have brought some herbal tea as they gave us decaffeinated black tea with no milk, which not how I usually drink it. I got really bored and should have brought something beside my phone.

Good luck

BB78
on 5/3/18 3:30 pm
Topic: RE: In hospital, gas won't come out. So much pain

Congrats on your surgery. I went through a lot of hot towels they eased the pain, don't think they helped with the gas being released but neither did the meds. It was my second night at 2 am that the gas started to come. Good luck

BB78
on 5/2/18 12:45 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery is in 2 Days! Woah.

I had my surgery on Monday and could sit today and do computer work, I probably could have done some yesterday. Once you get the gas moving it got better. The one thing I wish I would have bought was herbal tea, all they give you is decaffeinated orange pekoe which is not my cup of tea. Also from Monday til now the temperature went up 15 degrees so shorts would have been nice.

Good luck

BB78
on 5/1/18 2:58 am
Topic: RE: Had surgery yesterday

Yesterday I had my surgery at St. Joe's in Hamilton with Dr Gmora (who was very nice). Everything went fine, I am feeling nauseous and sore which is to be expected. I could not walk around yesterday which I wanted to do but felt as if I would fall over but today I feel more steady and will try. The one thing I do have is the hiccups really bad which is not helping my stomach pain but apart from I am good.

A big thanks to the Burlington group who met on Saturday at fortinos as they helped my last minute feelings of doubt.

Ian

BB78
on 4/23/18 5:56 pm
Topic: RE: Celebrated!

Congrats,

I am new to the board and plan on coming to the meeting this Saturday.

Most Active
Recent Topics