Creative ways to finance your plastics..............?

Brandi7920
on 4/11/09 11:06 am - Nashville, TN
I picked up a second job a year ago and have been penny pinching to save for my surgery. I'll be have a LBL and Thigh lift on June 4th - 14.5k. It's tough sometimes with the 2 jobs - but I'm not going to be able to afford to have this skin removed otherwise.

You are still working through your weight loss, and are getting your info together now - that's a good thing. You have plenty of time to start saving now, before you even get to goal. I was naive enough to think that insurance would cover my excess skin removal, and didn't have a plan in place after losing most of my weight. I thought I was going to be stuck like this (extremely saggy body on a 20something, sucks!), then I pulled it together and got the second job. The second job has made it more bearable to look like I do (emotionally) because I know I'm working towards fixing it!

Good luck with your weight loss and after. Also - that is WONDERFUL that you are going back to school!!! :)
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Calif_Princess
on 4/11/09 1:27 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks Brandi!!

I have so much respect for you guys that are working extra hours or another job to get your plastics done.  I've always kind of been lazy when it comes to work...or maybe just intimidated.  I raised 3 kids--one of them a special needs kid--and home schooled two of them, but for some reason the work force intimidates me.  One of the reasons why I'm going to college.  I need the self confidence!  :O)

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

Crysti S.
on 4/11/09 4:03 pm
I've thought about this too, but I'm only almost 7 mos out and just hope some things will tighten up with some work, I know it's impossible on some parts etc... but yeah... I want a tummy tuck and boobies done, I can live with the rest for now :)
Highest: 245 / Surg Day: 233 / Now: 166 / Dr's Goal: 130

Calif_Princess
on 4/12/09 5:48 am - Louisville, KY
I'm only 12 weeks out but want to be prepared........  Or just worry myself into a depressed ball or nothing....  :O)

~Melissa~

Crysti S.
on 4/12/09 6:54 am
Stop it young lady!!

Enjoy the journey, it goes by so freaking fast!!

Worry about that later, I can't even think about that stuff right now due to finances.  PLUS I believe no doc will touch ya until a year post op?? (correct me if I'm wrong) So THERE!  ;)

Until then, get some good scooba suits (what I call body suit thingys) and you'll feel better :)
Highest: 245 / Surg Day: 233 / Now: 166 / Dr's Goal: 130

Calif_Princess
on 4/14/09 6:33 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Crysti  :O)

I'm totally the one that OVER prepares and OVER plans and most of the time things don't ever work out how I planed!  YIKES.  I'm so tired of worrying!  :O)

~Melissa~

Most Active